neef help backing updaten vault samsung s5

Options
jpjc
jpjc
Community Member

Hi. I am using the payed version 4.5.3 android.
Ik cannot create a vault anywhere. Ik have no backup.
Can you help me backing up my vault (i use dropbox)
Ik woud Like tot sync to my samsung tab s2.

Thx for the support

Grtz erik

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 5.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:android creatief vault

Comments

• Hi @jpjc. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :)

From the image you attached, it looks like you've configured 1Password on this device to sync with Wi-Fi. 1Password 4 for Android allows you to configure your preferred sync solution (Wi-Fi, Dropbox, or local storage), but once it's been set, it's not possible to switch without resetting the app, which clears your data.

Since you mentioned using Dropbox--do you already have a copy of your vault in Dropbox? Also, have you previously been Wi-Fi syncing with a Mac or PC?

• jpjc
    jpjc
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding.
    Unfortunately I do not have a backup because I started on an iPhone6 and switched to my work samsung s5 and kept updating passwords on this device. My former iPhone is already in use with my son..
    I have no backup on my desktop pc (Windows)
    Too bad I cannot backup my current passwords.
    I guess there is no other option than to
    Manually back up the passwords?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpjc: It sounds like you just need to sync your data with the PC via Wi-Fi Sync. Is that correct? That will allow you to have it in both places, and then you can also back it up there as well if you'd like to reset the app on your phone:

Wi-Fi Sync Setup (Windows)

Now, it's important to note that Dropbox is not a backup service; it syncs any changes to your data there, so if you delete something (oops!) it will be deleted on your other devices as well. But 1Password for Windows automatically saves backups of your data, and then you can also store those somewhere else for safe keeping:

1Password Backup FAQ

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• jpjc
    jpjc
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately that only works for ios

ios.jpg 67.1K
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

unfortunately that only works for iOS

@jpjc: Wait, what are you saying only works on iOS? If you're receiving some sort of an error message, be sure to let me know!

If you're referring to the Wi-Fi Sync feature itself, it works identically in 1Password for Android. Just set it up there and enter the 'secret' shown in the 1Password for Windows Wi-Fi Sync window.

This discussion has been closed.