4-hour Dropbox Bug

dougiedd
dougiedd
Community Member
edited July 2011 in Lounge
There must be a thread on the recent 4 hour security breach but I cant find it and want to understand the implications: please direct me?

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/20/dropbox-security-bug-made-passwords-optional-for-four-hours/

Comments

• dougiedd
    dougiedd
    Community Member
    Are wallet items encrypted in dropbox?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    That is a good question, dougiedd!

The Cloud Storage Security section in 1Password's User Guide explains this pretty well:

The information which 1Password keeps decrypted in your data is very similar to what you may have in a browser bookmarks file. In addition to the location and title are tags, Folder, password strength, creation time, and last modify time. Any of the fields that can be used for sorting or arranging the display of your items in the 1Password app are not encrypted. Everything else is.

All username and password data along with Login fields, notes, wallet data, etc. are always encrypted. Offhand, I can't think of anything besides what is listed in the View > Columns menu that is unencrypted.

The list in that menu is as follows.

• Icon
    • Title
    • Modified Date
    • Created Date
    • Folder
    • Password Strength
    • Tag

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We are always available to answer them. :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.