Android App cost

Options
allawrence
allawrence
Community Member

Need a clarification.....

Have 3 Android devices... it is my understanding that I can run 1Password for Android free on all 3 devices.
My question applies to the in-app purchase for premium upgrade.... does 1 purchase of the upgrade cover the 3 devices or do I have to make 3 purchases?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Need a clarification.....
    Have 3 Android devices... it is my understanding that I can run 1Password for Android free on all 3 devices.

@allawrence: Correct! After the trial period, you can continue using the app in 'read-only' mode.

My question applies to the in-app purchase for premium upgrade.... does 1 purchase of the upgrade cover the 3 devices or do I have to make 3 purchases?

Much like any Google Play purchase, it isn't tied to devices, but rather the purchase is tied to your Google Account; so any devices using that same account will have access to your Premium Features purchase.

And if it helps, the Premium in-app purchase (along with all of our products) is still on sale currently (though it will end soon), so be sure to pick it up now if you want it to save some money! :chuffed:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate the fast response and the heads-up about the sale.... when exactly does the sale end?

One concern I have about the Android app... from what I read the use of the 1Password keyboard IS required.... otherwise I will have to do copy and paste????

• peri
    Options

Hi @allawrence. I'm not exactly sure when the sale ends but I believe it will be in the next day or two. :money:

As to filling, there are a couple of ways to go about it on Android. First off, we do indeed have a custom keyboard and accessibility service. When you have the 1Password keyboard active on a site or app that you have a saved Login for, you'll see a blue 1Password icon next to the space bar. Just tap that and you'll be able to select your Login, which will autofill.

If 1Password doesn't detect a saved Login for the URL, just long press on the grayed out 1Password icon, and you'll be able to search through your list of Logins to select the correct one. Then just tap Fill Username and Fill Password, and your information will be filled.

You can also use the built-in 1Browser if you like. To do so, just tap on the URL in a saved Login. This will open the URL in 1Password's built-in browser, and fill in your information for you. :)

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the explanation...

Just to be clear, the only way to get a login/password combo out of 1Password is to use the 1Password keyboard and/or browser and not my keyboard and/or Chrome/Firefox??

Al

• peri
    edited January 2016
    Options

@allawrence For automatic filling, yes. You can use the 1Password keyboard in conjunction with Chrome if you like, and in fact we recommend using Chrome for filling, but there's no 1Password integration with third-party keyboards at the moment.

Firefox is a different story because it obfuscates URLs, which makes it impossible for 1Password to detect the site URL and match it with a Login in your vault. For filling in Firefox, you'll have to follow the steps to fill manually that I mentioned above:

If 1Password doesn't detect a saved Login for the URL, just long press on the grayed out 1Password icon, and you'll be able to search through your list of Logins to select the correct one. Then just tap Fill Username and Fill Password, and your information will be filled.

To be clear, the 1Password keyboard does not have to be used with the 1Browser, as that works totally automatically, and separate from the keyboard. The keyboard is intended to be used with Chrome or other browsers, as well as apps. :)

ref: NLN-63787-345

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you... Please continue with my refund request....

• peri
    Options

No problem! I'll go ahead and respond to your email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.