Renaming a Vault Throws an Error

Options

Not much to say here. I tried renaming one of my vaults and it showed me a modal which simply said "Error" and had a "Close" button. That's it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited February 2016
    Options

Howdy @jfelchner,

Yup, that is a bug unfortunately. What browser and version are you using? I'll add the details to our internal tracker. :)

ref: b5-823

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth latest Chrome stable 47.0.2526.106. Unfortunately I was going to send you all the server response but it looks like it's all encrypted an therefore probably not much help to you. :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

Is this also part of same issue where, a name change on the server will not sync to the client ?

• @jfelchner Thanks! That's okay. :)

@thightower I suspect it is, but I'm not sure. I made note of it in our internal tracker.

• Gatada
    Gatada
    Community Member
    Options

In other words, at some point in the future this will be possible. Good. We have some team vaults to rename.

• Precisely. :+1:

• earlymarket
    earlymarket
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this error
    Pretty sure it worked before

• @earlymarket Thanks for popping in. We're still hoping to get a fix out for this in the next release. :)

• buggysdad
    buggysdad
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me. Latest Safari/Yosemite.

• Thanks @buggysdad. :+1:

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth latest beta fixed the issue. Although still erroring out in the web UI, the vault I had previously changed before that bug did sync to the client.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a plan to allow vault management from the client rather than having to log into the web UI?

• @jfelchner We're still working on the fix for the web interface. :)

Is there a plan to allow vault management from the client rather than having to log into the web UI?

Management as in members of the vault and their permissions in it? Possibly, but we don't discuss our future plans. Surprises are really nice to have, after all. We're trying to keep administration tasks in the browser at the moment to keep things consistent. The native apps are built as clients for 1Password for Teams, similar to a Twitter client would be. Managing all the account info will likely not be possible from within the client, but more support may be added over time.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth yeah your secrecy is super annoying. ;)

I'm just thinking the stuff I do that seems like it should belong in the client. Like basic CRUD stuff.

• Creating Vaults with Default Permissions (Just me or Just me and admins)
    • Renaming Vaults
    • Changing Vault Colors
    • Deleting Vaults

Not all the way to user management and such. That would be too much for the client IMO.

• jonhart
    jonhart
    Community Member
    Options

On the renaming vaults issue, I have found a quick workaround:

• Under manage access, remove other team member temporarily
    • It's now possible to rename the vault
    • Restore team members access
  • We just published an new update (1.0.BETA-31) and you should be able to rename the vault without any issues.

This discussion has been closed.