Password field disappears during login after having been filled in

Options

On Win7Pro desktop in both Firefox 43.0.3 and Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m, while logging into the Washington Federal Bank ( https://account-view.washingtonfederal.com/WAFD/Login.aspx ), 1Password fills in login name and password fields, but before successful login can take place the password disappears, leaving only the login field still filled. 1Password appears to successfully fill in password (with animation) before it self-deletes. Subsequent attempts to automatically log in with 1Password are repeatedly unsuccessful in the same way.

Without leaving Bank login page, since the login name remains, I can manually type or copy password field and log in successfully.

Starting over, and manually saving login and password within 1Password creates the same results (disappearing password).

Is there a common solution to this problem?

(And why, if you Additional Information (optional, but very helpful) is asked for, the About info box within 1Password has been designed so highlighting and copying (Ctrl-C) the version number is not possible. The About box for the Firefox Extension is even worse. Sorry for that little rant, but it's something that would make a little thing in life just a bit easier.)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.1 Firefox
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro with current updates
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dtvz,

I'm going to respond to the two key parts in reverse order because the second is easier. It isn't intuitive but if you simply use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + C in the 1Password Helper's About 1Password then it will copy all of the data to the clipboard without you needing to select anything. What gets stored in the clipboard looks a little like this

---------------------------
    About 1Password
    1Password version:  4.6.0.598 (12)
    Extension version:  4.5.1 (Mozilla Firefox)
    OS version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    OK   

Not obvious but once you know it does allow you an easy way to copy the information.

Now to the key part of the post, the issue of logging into Washington Federal. It took a couple of different tests but I believe I've been able to replicate what you saw. I didn't the first time because with my initial tests I always have Auto-Submit Logins turned off. When you deal with completely fictitious login credentials I like to avoid making my IP address seem super suspicious :lol:

Can you try something for me please. Can you edit your Washington Federal Login item and change the Submit option from its default of if auto-submit is ON to Never. Now this will mean you need to click the Login button on the page but are you properly logged in if you do this? As I don't have a real account I can't confirm but I get an error message about something being wrong so I'm hopeful this will let you log in. I don't yet know what auto-submit is doing that causes this errant behaviour but the first thing to do is confirm we're on the right track :smile:

• dtvz
    dtvz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the copy and paste tip. I haven't tried it yet, and it isn't obvious, but I'll hope to remember it if ever I need it again. I made my little snipe because I'd expect to drag my cursor across the version number, highlighting it in the process, and then hit Ctrl+C, as seems to be industry standard. Now that that little rant is over... I'll test out your test this early evening and get back to you. Again... thanks very much for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dtvz,

I won't disagree, UI development is always an ongoing process as we add stuff and find ways to improve the obviousness. This is one area where a small change would probably have a massive impact, even something as simple as a click to copy to clipboard button which the user could easily understand.

I look forward to hearing how the test goes :smile:

• dtvz
    dtvz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi LBT,
    Forgive me for taking so long to get back to you, but I wanted to let you know that by changing the Submit option to Never did the trick! The fact is that I didn't have to log into my account until this afternoon.
    I may move my default to not using AutoSubmit too.
    Thank you very much for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dtvz,

Well I'm glad we found a way to make it work for you right now. In general we hope there is enough ability to customise the auto-submit between the option to turn it off or on in preferences (Logins tab) and the three settings per Login where you can have it follow the preference setting or always or never submit.

Now we just need to figure out what we're doing that triggers the odd behaviour on this site but based on what you've reported I suspect it means we can test this ourselves without a valid login so thank you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.