Can't use 1Password on a square screen

Options
lynnejohn_727
lynnejohn_727
Community Member

So I'm a long time 1password user and I've just begun using a BlackBerry Passport. The 1Password Android reader runs fine on the Passport, but when I try and run the regular Android 1Password I am not able to select certain input buttons as they go off the bottom of the screen. This is not an issue of running an Android app on the Blackberry, but that the Passports screen is square. Is there any setting that can tweaked in the Android 1Password that will allow it to run correctly when the screen is square?

Thanks,
John C.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi John,

Thank you for your support of 1Password. Unfortunately, 1Password for Android is not optimized for BlackBerry Passport’s square display, along with other devices with smaller screens. We are working on optimizing our UI for these devices in a future release.

For now, I may have a possible workaround that will allow you to access options at the bottom of the screen. These are the steps to do so on Android, but I’m not sure if it’s the same on the BlackBerry Passport. We need to change the default system font to a smaller size, here’s how to do it on Android:

1. Go into your Android device Settings > Display > Font Size and select Small.
    2. Go back into your Android device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data". This will delete your 1Password data from your Android device. A similar behaviour to a reinstall.
    3. Launch 1Password and verify you are able to select options at the bottom of the screen
    4. Once you're done, go back into your Android device Settings > Display > Font Size and select Normal.

Let me know if that works for you.

• lynnejohn_727
    lynnejohn_727
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hey Saad,

Tried setting the font size to the smallest. On the first screen I select "Sync existing vault". On the next screen I only see "Sync using Dropbox" and "Sync using Wi-Fi". Are there any other selections for this screen? I just wanted it to use my local copy of the database on the Media card because the "Sync using Dropbox" needs a browser. I already run Dropbox but I can't seem to find a way to get it to select from the Dropbox drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John C.

• saad
    edited January 2016
    Options

The last option on the Sync screen is Sync using local storage, and it's located just below Sync using Wi-Fi button. Sounds like this button is being cut off on your screen, even with the smallest font size. :(

Do you have the Android Dropbox app installed on your device?

• lynnejohn_727
    lynnejohn_727
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Saad,
    Yes that's correct. I only have a few Andriod apps, but 1Password is one of them.
    Thanks,
    John C.

• lynnejohn_727
    lynnejohn_727
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Saad,
    Sorry I missed your question. I am using a native blackberry app called "Connect to Dropbox". If I switched to the Android version would that help?
    Thanks,
    John C.

• saad
    Options

The native Dropbox application may help, but I also hear the Opera browser works when setting up Dropbox sync on a BlackBerry. Could you give the Opera browser a try first? Thanks.

• lynnejohn_727
    lynnejohn_727
    Community Member
    Options

I was trying to stay away from using a browser. I think it's fine for a PC, but I've never been to keen on using browsers on my phone. I guess I'll just stick with the reader for now as I can get by. Please keep the square screen in mind if your doing modifications in that software area.

Thanks,
    John C.

• saad
    Options

@lynnejohn_727 How did you configure Dropbox sync with 1Password Reader?

• lynnejohn_727
    lynnejohn_727
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry this took so long. I copied the data file from dropbox to the SD card so I'm only looking at the SD card.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the info!

This discussion has been closed.