How can I recover my forgotten iTunes backup password ?

Options
Jacklly
Jacklly
Community Member

Does anybody knows if there is a way that can crack or unlock password-protected iTunes backup file? I forgot my iTunes backup password and I can't access it, any help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jacklly

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are you referring to a 1Password for iOS iTunes backup, or a device backup?

If the former: no. There is no way into a 1Password backup other than with your Master Password. If the latter: none that I am aware of, but you may have better luck over at Apple's support forums. :)

Ben

• Jacklly
    Jacklly
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Ben, I forgot my iTunes backup password and I can't remember it at all, is there any way or software can crack my iTunes backup? any suggestion ? Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

None that I'm aware of. Sorry Jacklly. As far as I'm aware the only way in is with the password.

Ben

• donaldssp
    donaldssp
    Community Member
    Options

The only way is to input the right password before restoring from that backup. However, you can try as many as you can do. there is no limit on that. Hope you have some good luck.

• Ben
    Options

As this is not directly related to 1Password for iOS I'm moving it to the lounge.

• Jacklly
    Jacklly
    Community Member
    Options

" The only way is to input the right password before restoring from that backup. However, you can try as many as you can do. there is no limit on that. Hope you have some good luck."

Hey, donaldssp. I can't remember the full password, but only remember the password length and first word, any help? is there any freeware to unlock the iTunes backup ?

• Jacklly
    Jacklly
    Community Member
    Options

" The only way is to input the right password before restoring from that backup. However, you can try as many as you can do. there is no limit on that. Hope you have some good luck."

Hey, donaldssp. I can't remember the full password, but only remember the password length and first word, any help? is there any freeware to unlock the iTunes backup ?

• donaldssp
    donaldssp
    Community Member
    Options

Sad to hear that. It seems no other option left if you continue to guess the password. If you know the pattern of password, then have a look at this tutorial. The mask mode should be applied to your case, hope this helps: http://www.iseepassword.com/forgot-itunes-backup-password.html

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jacklly: Indeed, much like your 1Password data, an encrypted iTunes backup can only be decrypted using the correct password. Good luck! :blush:

• Jacklly
    Jacklly
    Community Member
    Options

Sad to hear that. It seems no other option left if you continue to guess the password. If you know the pattern of password, then have a look at this tutorial. The mask mode should be applied to your case, hope this helps: http://www.iseepassword.com/forgot-itunes-backup-password.html

Hello, thanks for your quickly reply, I saw your recommendation and I installed it on my windows 7, I don't how to use "Mask" type? Any help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jacklly: AgileBits staff are here to help with 1Password, but when it comes to Apple software and 3rd party apps you'll really need to contact those companies for assistance. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.