Chrome Extension doesn't work on Win7 64bit

Options

1 password does not work with chrome for me. I just get the "The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly." message. It still works with IE. It's sad because i don't use IE.

System:
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Chrome 64bit (47.0.2526.106 m)
1password 4.6.0.598

Things i already tried without success:

• Reboots
  • Disabled Windows Firewall
  • Disabled Windows UAC
  • Disabled Comodo Internet Security
  • Uninstalled Comodo Internet Security
  • Reinstalled 1password main app
  • Reinstalled 1password Chrome-extension
  • Using beta Versions
  • Turned of Code-Signature check
  • Restarted Password-Helper
  • Uninstalled all other browser extensions
  • Using the extension with chrome portable

I have no idea what to do next :\

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 SP1 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Chris3,

That's a lot of troubleshooting so far and a real shame that none of it has helped. So the good news is it does work, all we need to do is figure out why it isn't for you. I wasn't running the 64 bit version of Google Chrome but just to ensure that wasn't a factor in some weird way I installed the 64bit version and could still successfully interact with 1Password helper in the browser. Now we just have to discover the cause.

1. Do you use any form of proxy or VPN?
    2. What version of the 1Password extension have you installed?
    3. Just as a test, does the extension work in Firefox?
  • nicolaif
    nicolaif
    Community Member
    Options

Does not work for me to:

Not in Chrome and not in Firefox :-(

• Chris3
    Chris3
    Community Member
    Options

Hey littlebobbytables,

1. I had used OpenVPN in the past but deinstalled it. Sometimes i use the windows "internal" VPN connection yet (PPTP).
    2. Extension Version is: 4.5.1.90. I also tried the beta version without success.
    3. It doesn't work on firefox too.

Greets

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Chris3,

I think the best thing to do is ask for a diagnostic report then and see if anything stands out.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicolaif,

Chris3 had already done pretty extensive troubleshooting when he reached out to us hence why I've asked for a diagnostic report there. Can you take a look at our Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension please and see what parts may be applicable to you.

If you're still having problems we'll continue the troubleshooting process with you. Information that will help us includes.

1. What operating system are you using?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    4. What, if any, anti-virus, third party firewall or other security software do you use?

That will hopefully give us a base to work from as we identify the cause for you. While the symptom is the same, the cause can, and often is, very different in each case. Basically the extension uses a WebSocket so anything that monitors and potentially blocks or interferes with normal network activity can be responsible.

• Chris3
    Chris3
    Community Member
    Options

I send in the report. My Ticket-ID is: [#DLK-18835-325].

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Chris3,

Thank you for posting the ticket ID, that helps a lot in locating the email in our ticketing system. I'm reaching out to the people in the team with more experience on the Windows side as whatever your issue is, I don't think it's going to turn out to be obvious, not with the list of things you already tried. I will be watching to see how it progresses as I'm hoping to learn something too.

ref: DLK-18835-325

This discussion has been closed.