Browser and OS certificate updates to use 1Password for Teams

Options

I've noticed that when visiting the https://teamname.1password.com from Safari 6.2.8 (8537.85.17.9.1) on OS X Mountain Lion (latest), the browser refuses to acknowledge that a secure session can be established. I presume that this is due to out-of-date or revoked browser or OS certificates. If that's the case, can the 1Password team please suggest a remedy around this? For example, the necessary trust chain needed to confirm that the certificate is valid.

I noticed the same issue when using an even older browser. If a team is stuck on a legacy or out of date browser for some reason, then having some option to benevolently override this might be beneficial, especially if all that's done is a security certificate update.

It seems that Firefox did work, but I want to ensure that I resolve why another browser might not work, especially since it's often the default one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Intensity! Safari 6 doesn't support TLS 1.2, which is a standard we have configured 1Password for Teams to use. The latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera do support these, though, so we recommend using those. I'm curious: Have you considered updating to OS X 10.10 or 10.11? There are many improvements in the latest operating systems that you can benefit from, not just in the browser security area. Please consider it if you haven't already. :) If you prefer to keep Mountain Lion, no problem — you'll just need to use one of the other supported browsers to access Teams.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.