Wrong web site to fill in?

Options

When I go to a website and type Cmd-\ to bring up the 1Password dialog, it always displays the dialog shown in the attached image. If I keep hitting Cmd-\, eventually the dialog that pops up will be the correct one. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Jeff

1Password Version: 5.4.2 (552001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:wrong site, kb:resave-login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeddings,

Would I be correct in my assessment that you're a Chrome user and that you have two Chrome profiles actively open or have had two open at some point since you last quit Chrome and that both Chrome profiles have the 1Password Chrome extension installed?

That's a bit of a mouthful. The gist is we have fixes in the betas of both 1Password for Mac and the 1Password Chrome Extension that fix a rather irritating bug we've suffered from for a while. The bug is the two copies of the 1Password Chrome Extension are both attempting to communicate with 1Password and we needed to introduce a way where one could signal that it doesn't want to communicate any more and for 1Password for Mac to understand this message and behave appropriately.

The next stable releases for 1Password for Mac and the 1Password Browser Extension should resolve this annoyance but I don't have a timeframe that I can pass on I'm afraid. Hopefully it won't be long.

• jeddings
    jeddings
    Community Member
    Options

As long as I know the fix is coming, that's good enough for me.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully not long now, fingers crossed anyway!

• hankolsen
    hankolsen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! This has been bugging me for a while, at least it proves that I'm not alone (or crazy...)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! Please be sure to let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.