Wont sync from dropbox

Options
Kpierce1501
Kpierce1501
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Android

Ive been to the knowledge base and checked to make sure everything is synced, same account, same vault, that the folders and files actually appear in dropbox on both devices. All of this is dont, even tried erasing it and redoing it. But still, my primary vault will not sync to my samsung 6 edge plus 1 password from dropbox. It says that there is no vault there when there clearly is.

1Password Version: 6.1.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: lollipop
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Kpierce1501. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. :)

First things first, it sounds like you're syncing your S6 with an iOS device, correct? Are you syncing with any other devices? Also, does the vault in Dropbox have a .agilekeychain suffix, or a .opvault suffix?

The reason I ask is because 1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. OPVault format isn't yet supported for these sync methods, but this is something that we are planning on looking into soon. Conversely, 1Password on iOS can only create an OPVault vault.

In order to sync your Android, I recommend creating a new Agile Keychain vault from Android. Just tap "Create new vault," to create a new vault. Make sure to assign the same Master Password that you use on iOS. Then tap Settings > Sync, toggle sync ON, and select "Sync using Dropbox". This will move the vault from Android to Dropbox.

Then open the sync settings in 1Password on iOS, and change Dropbox syncing. This time, make sure to select the .agilekeychain folder. Let me know if that does the trick! Thanks and have a great day!

• Kpierce1501
    Kpierce1501
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hello,
    Yes ipad to android. Its a opvault suffix. No sorry that didnt work. Also when i do sync will my purchase of premium sync as well?

@peri

• peri
    Options

@Kpierce1501 With regards to syncing, what was the problem this time? Were you able to create the new vault on Android? If so, did you have any sync errors when changing vaults on iOS? One more question--do you have access to a Mac or PC?

With regards to the purchase, 1Password is licensed per person and per platform, so while you can unlock your purchase of Pro features on multiple iOS devices, you can't unlock them on Android and vice versa. The Pro features on iOS are handled through iTunes and linked to your Apple ID, and the Premium features on Android are handled through Google Play and linked to your Google account. Unfortunately because of how these stores work, it's not possible to transfer purchases.

• Kpierce1501
    Kpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

@peri
    I did as you said and created the new vault, same master, and synced it. Later i went to the ipad and synced it to the agile suffix. It worked but then said no downloads where found.

To the purchase, ok ty.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the added info, @Kpierce1501. By chance, do you have access to a Mac or PC, and if so, does it have 1Password installed? We can use it to workaround this issue. Thanks!

• Kpierce1501
    Kpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

@peri sorry i forgot to answer that. I have access to a mac. Yes i have a mac with it installed. It synced fine

• peri
    Options

Thanks! Is your Mac also synced with the OPVault vault that your iOS is syncing with? If so, I'd like you to launch 1Password 5 for Mac, and from the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > Sync. Then click the up/down arrows to change syncing and select NONE. Then click Disable sync.

Once you've done that, click the up/down arrows once more to select Dropbox, and this time choose the .agilekeychain vault. Let me know if you're able to sync now!

• Kpierce1501
    Kpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm, @peri. Just one question will this live update or do i have to manual update it everytime i change something.

• peri
    Options

That's good news, @Kpierce1501! I'm glad you were able to get the devices syncing.

That said, as long as all devices are pointing toward that same vault (the .agilekeychain vault), then they'll all keep up-to-date and in sync. :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Kpierce1501
    Kpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you immensely, @peri .

• peri
    Options

No problem at all! I'm happy to help any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.