Does not work with Capital One

Options

I can save username and PW, but 1PW log in does not work. All info correct on 1PW entry, but using the log in just takes me to the log in page with no autofill. In your iOS thread (closed) you state that it "doesn't work". Looked for info in the Mac category and saw old entries about keyboards and PINs. None of this exists now. Just username and PW.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @AllUserNamesInUse,

Can you help us out with some information regarding your setup please. The following will help us check it out to see if we can figure this out. I'm interested in the following.

1. What version of 1Password are you running?
    2. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    4. What is the URL for the page you are having trouble with?

With those pieces of information I'll see if I can understand what is happening. I'm not sure of the iOS thread you're referring to so it may not be applicable to the Mac at all. Oh and because it relates to a filling issue I've moved your thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers section :smile: Hopefully we can figure out what is happening here.

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Team Member!

1) Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
    2) Safari 9.0.2 (11601.3.9)
    3) 4.4.4
    4) https://banking1.capitalone.com

Thanks for trying to sort this out! Can't say I find the app very intuitive but I know I will like it if I can get the kinks worked out. If it can't work with a bank site, that's a huge disappointment.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AllUserNamesInUse,

When I load that page there's a noticeable delay between when the browser says the page has finished loading and when the page is ready for the user to enter their login credentials. One one reload I was actually greeted with the spinning indicator informing me it was busy before it eventually generated the login form.

You can use open and fill either by clicking on a website field in a Login item from the main 1Password window or searching your vault from inside 1Password mini and having 1Password mini open a new tab. In both cases what happens is we wait for the browser to tell us the page is loaded and then we try to fill. What there isn't an event we can listen for is when is the web page ready which can be different if a site is using Javascript to generate parts of the page. So we get the page loaded notification from the browser but as the JavaScript hasn't finished the fields we're looking for aren't present. This is my understanding.

Can I ask, once the page has finished preparing itself and the login form is present, how successful is 1Password if you then use the keyboard shortcut to instruct 1Password to fill this page? It isn't as nice as having open and fill work perfectly I agree but does 1Password successfully fill the page and allow you to log in once the page has finished all it needs to do?

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

That works! Not as convenient as you stated, but we're getting there. What is also not convenient is the hotkey selection for that action. Can I define my own hotkey in the app, or is there a way around this in the Mac OS hotkey definitions?

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

Welllllll, never mind - just discovered the preferences panel :) Good to go now - thanks for the tips!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AllUserNamesInUse,

As you say, not as convenient but at least 1Password will fill. I'm happy to see you found that you can tweak certain keyboard shortcuts so you now have something more to your preference :smile:

This discussion has been closed.