Can I use the apple store and the agilebits version of 1Password simultaneously?

Options

I have a personal copy and want to continue to use iCloud sync but need to use 1 Password for Team for work. Can I use both versions on the same computer and iPhone for each account as opposed to migrating both accounts together?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I use the apple store and the agilebits version of 1Password simultaneously?

Comments

• Hi @jlitchman,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You don't want to run both versions simultaneously. For one they will actively try to terminate one another, but even if you can get both to run at the same time... you'll get a bad experience with the browser plugins because they'll connect to one of them randomly and you won't get control over which they connect to.

You may be interested in knowing that the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac has support for iCloud Sync in the 6.0 Beta releases. The iCloud Sync support is still new and so it may not be perfect and as battle tested as the one in our Mac App Store version, but we have a number of users using it happily so far.

If you're looking to use iCloud Sync and Teams, I would recommend switching to the beta version of 1Password 6.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• jlitchman
    jlitchman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rick. This is very helpful. Will 1Password for Mac 6.0 eventually be available in the Mac App Store?

• @jlitchman I hope so. We submitted it for review a while ago.

This discussion has been closed.