Can't share a specific record

Options

Today I attempted to share a software license record and all of the sharing options are greyed out. Other records are shareable, why would one of them be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:1pif not shareable

Comments

• Hey @cesarlopez! What version of 1Password do you happen to be using? I've noticed that if you quickly switch to the item and right-click it, then select Share the menu will be greyed out. But it becomes available if you try again. Just a thought! If you could provide us with the version of the app you're using that'd be helpful in troubleshooting things. :)

• cesaralopez
    cesaralopez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Penderworth, thanks for the follow up. When checking it out it appears that I was trying to share a record belonging to a Team. I suspect one can't do that.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cesaralopez,

Yes, it sounds like that's exactly what's going on here: If the Sharing menu options are greyed out for an item in a Teams vault, that most likely means you don't have 'Send' permission for that vault. That permission is something that would need to be changed by your Team Administrator, and we have a bit more information about that here: Vault permissions

In case you have more questions about that, I've moved your discussion to our Teams forum. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.