1Password.html not in Dropbox

Options

I've successfully managed to create 3 vaults, and have started saving numerous login accounts in them. These vaults are all in sync with my Dropbox and I have been able to access them from a separate computer. Things are starting to look good!

Now comes the tricky part: I'm attempting to access my account with the 1Password Anywhere - and more specifically from a Chromebook at work. I've read the c-net article here on how to proceed. The one thing that makes me wonder about how I have things setup with Dropbox is that I do not have the 1Password.html file in my DB as indicated in the article. The rest of the folder tree is like they show, I'm simply missing the html file.

But the other odd part, is that if I'm missing the html file, then how is it that I've been able to access the login information from a separate computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Chromebook
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/first-run, kb-search:dropbox file not found, kb:dropbox-error-encryptionkeys, kb-search:1password.html file not found in dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @marie_nicole,

We stopped automatically creating the HTML file as we discovered a very specific scenario where there was undesirable behaviour. Despite the real unlikeliness of the contrived situation we decided to be cautious.

To use 1PasswordAnywhere all you need to do is add the 1Password.html file into your Agile Keychains and this static HTML file can be found with this link. With the file added you will find 1PasswordAnywhere should now work.

The reason you can still sync is that this particular file is literally just for accessing the vault with 1PasswordAnywhere and it never changes. All of your data is stored in the data folder which we still create and allows multiple copies of 1Password to synchronise.

Does this help at all? If you have any questions or issues please do post back and we'll do our best to assist :smile:

• marie_nicole
    marie_nicole
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thank you so much @littlebobbytables for your response, however I'm not sure if it helps.

I am discovering 3 issues.

1. When you say add the 1password.html to my Agile Keychains I don' t quite know how to interpret that. Where is the Agile Keychain?
    2. I'm on a Mac, and from what I've read on the location of the logins - the more I get frustrated because when I access my hidden library folder it does not have a folder called container. I've tried finding both these folders ~/Library/Application Support/1Password and **~/Library/Containers/ ** Neither are there.
    3. With the new version 6 where I can merge all vaults I now find access to all my vaults from a remote location. Which is sweet, but they are now all merged into one bundle. How can I keep vaults intact and separate?

All your help and support is really appreciated, and don't worry about insulting me by dumbing down the process, I've already insulted myself. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marie_nicole,

Apologies for not responding earlier.

When you set up syncing with Dropbox, in 1Password 4 through to 5.4 for Mac, the default was to create a file bundle called an Agile Keychain. A file bundle is basically a folder that is handled in a special way by OS X. In OS X you can see inside a file bundle by right clicking on it and selecting the option Show Package Contents. If you view your Agile Keychain from the Dropbox web interface though it appears as just a folder that you can navigate like any other folder.

Using your primary vault as an example, when you set up Dropbox Sync the default is for 1Password to create a folder titled 1Password in the root of your Dropbox folder and then to create this special file bundle Agile Keychain and title it 1Password.agilekeychain. Normally the 1Password.html file lives just inside this right next to the data folder. You can either copy it in there using a Finder window and this Show Package Contents trick or navigate to the right place from the Dropbox web interface and upload the file that way.

Does that help at all or do you feel clearer instructions are needed?

We can help you find the hidden folders but just to say, they are separate from the sync files i.e. your Agile Keychains. Normally the only reason to enter the actual support folder is if you need to start over or something similar. If the goal is just to have 1PasswordAnywhere work then this folder shouldn't be needed. If you still want access and to understand what's happening that's fine and we can help :smile:

I'm hoping you've just stumbled upon our new All Vaults view rather than the three vaults having been properly merged. In 1Password 6 we introduced something called the All Vaults view. It isn't a real vault but is instead just a way to view one or more vaults from a single window. The idea is to help those that were frustrated by having to switch vaults. You should find that all of your vaults are still separate and that it's just be default that we open up in this All Vaults view. If I'm correct you should find the following is correct.

We have a keyboard shortcut for switching vaults. Your primary vault is always ⌘1 and then your secondary vaults are ⌘2...⌘9. We now use ⌘0 for the new All Vaults view. If you have three vaults in total do you find ⌘1 through to ⌘3 switch you between each of these vaults and that if you use ⌘0 you see the merged view? If you do then it's All Vaults :smile: Does knowing that your vaults are still separate at the vault and sync level help at all?

• marie_nicole
    marie_nicole
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables!

I've gotten something of a mess on my side. Not sure how it all happened but... please bear with me and I appreciate your patience.

I have the file in Dropbox which works perfectly well. When accessing from another computer from scratch it works and all my login information follows on to the new computer. The problem is I've re-started this process so many times initially creating a 1Password for teams account. When I first started working on all this, I created complicated passwords - and a different one for each vault.

This is such a long and embarrassing story!

Anyways, now that everything is set-up and working from any computer, what I can't figure out how to do is how to change the password to the Dropbox folder. It's tied to the first account I created. When I go to my desktop app, and change my Master Password it only changed the PW for my local access. It doesn't change the Master PW for accessing from a new computer - which is tied to the complicated first password I created.

How do I change that one? That password? It appears to be tied to the Agile Keychain I found on my computer and copied into the root folder of my Dropbox. Does this make any sense at all? See image attached - that is the agile keychain I simply placed in the DB folder. But it's the wrong one. Kind of. It has the correct login, I just want to associate a different master PW to it.!

Thanks! :) I already feel so much more confident about finally getting this to work, my final step is controlling the PW situation.

p.s. I've given up on the vaults, every time I try to save a new vault to Dropbox it basically merges everything and then each item is doubled or tripled up.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @marie_nicole,

Just before we continue, I think it would be wise for me to review a diagnostic report or two if I may.

This guide will assist and if you're currently trying to access this Agile Keychain from two computers then a diagnostic report from each will help give us a more complete understanding of what is happening.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com and if you could mark it FAO: LittleBobbyTables then whoever first finds it will tap me on the shoulder :smile:

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it.

What it will do is let me see a little more detail of your 1Password configuration and hopefully with that will come a much better understanding. I'm sure we can resolve all issues even including the vaults and duplication issue :smile:

• marie_nicole
    marie_nicole
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again @littlebobbytables - here is my support ticket [#LDI-57314-539]

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @marie_nicole,

I've found your email and replied :smile: While we discuss your vaults it's probably best to keep the conversation to email. The information may not mean anything or be useful to anybody but I see no advantage in not keeping it private.

ref: LDI-57314-539

• marie_nicole
    marie_nicole
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables - that's perfect and i've replied to your email. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.