1PW doesn't save full screen mode/window position

JuliusH
JuliusH
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

Hi!

I use a lot of apps in full screen mode. However, I realized that 1PW always launches with a "normal" (=smaller) window that I have to maximze to take advantage of the whole screen.
When I quit and relaunch the app, 1PW opens in the smaller window again.

I would be nice, if 1PW saved the window size/position when quitting and used that for the next start.
Would that be possible?

Julius

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JuliusH,

Thanks for asking us about this! Just to make sure I understand - is the problem just that 1Password doesn't re-open in full screen mode (assuming it was in full screen mode when you last used it), or do you mean it doesn't remember any changes to the size of the window (when not in full screen mode)?

I'm not able to reproduce a problem with the normal window size in 1Password 6, so if that's the problem, can you let us know the exact steps you're taking in order to reproduce this behavior?

If the problem is strictly with full screen mode, that's actually a know issue that our developers are aware of. I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have a timeframe for when to expect that to be addressed, but I'll certainly let our developers know you're also running into this problem.

I'm sorry again for the trouble. I hope you're enjoying 1Password 6 otherwise! :)

ref: OPM-2281

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member

is the problem just that 1Password doesn't re-open in full screen mode (assuming it was in full screen mode when you last used it)

Exactly

or do you mean it doesn't remember any changes to the size of the window (when not in full screen mode)?

No, that works well. Sorry, I didn't express myself clearly!

If the problem is strictly with full screen mode, that's actually a know issue that our developers are aware of.

Ok, great! I hope you guys find a fix soon.

I hope you're enjoying 1Password 6 otherwise! :)

I am!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JuliusH,

Thank you for clarifying. Drew has shared your comments with our devs. Thanks for reporting this issue to us, and we're very glad that you're otherwise enjoying the update. :chuffed: Have yourself a lovely weekend!

• sacorp
    sacorp
    Community Member

YES, this is bullcrap!!!! I have posted about this many times for previous versions of 1pw. Now your up to version 6 and you still don't have the DEFAULT of what most every app in the world does - to save last position or a default position and restore to that position the next time it's opened.
    I've been developing software for 30 years - come on this is SO FREAKING SIMPLE - why is it so difficult for you guys to get this ????????????????????

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member

It it true, this bug is annoying.
    Also, I think there is something wrong with your ?-key...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't know that I would consider this a bug, given that this behaviour is only shared by roughly half the apps I use on OS X (or rather, those I use in full screen), but we can certainly consider changing this in a future update. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• BlacknWhite
    BlacknWhite
    Community Member

Here's another vote for fixing this deficiency. I use a MacBookPro with a large monitor, and park helper apps like 1Password on the MBP screen while I do my work on the main one. Every time there's a power outage or I travel, when I power up again or reattach the external monitor, I have to drag 1Password back where it belongs. There are 6 apps I use this way, and 1Password is the only one to display this problem.

BTW, running 10.11.6, and I don't see any other apps that forget their window position on the main screen, either.

• Hi @BlacknWhite and others,

I apologize that this has not been taken care of yet. Some higher priority fixes and improvements have delayed it. Rest assured we are still aware of the issue and appreciate you all taking the time to let us know how important it is to you!

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.