Syncing opvault on android is only temporary

Options
navara
navara
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Android

Hi, I've opvault repository on windows in dropbox, since my 800+ passwords aren't such charm in old format (and also it leaks too much info; I was fine with having keepass's database on dropbox, since its fully encrypted).

I can sync with my android phone without problems - in batches of 16 all my password sync, are visible, contain all information, etc - everything seems too work as expected.

But when I leave my flat (or disable internet connection in my phone), suddenly all passwords are gone. I expected that database would remain on phone, although not updated (until I sync again). It doesn’t ask me for creating new database, just complains that wifi is not available.
When I reenable wifi and reconnect via wifi-sync, all password immediately appear without necessity to sync them again. So they're somewhere on the phone, just not visible.

Is this bug or design? In later case it totally denies use case of having my passwords with myself on travels. And I don't see other use-cases - when you're in the reach of your home network, you can just use computer to login. You won't be using your phone to check for passwords and then enter them somewhere...

Thank you for letting me know how to have passwords with me on my travels outside reach of my computer or fixing that bug asap, if present.
It prevents me from using 1password on my android and forces me to sync all new passwords to keepass to have them available.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1 (6.1.7601)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @navara. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Wi-Fi sync! That sounds very strange indeed.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.