Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 10: 1Password icon missing in the browser toolbar

Options

Hello,
I cannot see the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar. Although the Add-On is installed and activated. Any hints?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.6.0.598
OS Version: Windows 10 1511
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Ralph1,

I'm not an expert with Windows but I do have a couple of thoughts.

1. Do the keyboard shortcut ctrl + \ and alt + ctrl + \ for filling and bringing up the 1Password Helper menu work even if you cannot see the icon?
    2. Do you have the command bar visible in Internet Explorer?
    3. If the answer to 2. is yes, if you customise the command toolbar do you find 1Password is in the list of available toolbar buttons and can be added?

If we're lucky something in here will help us narrow down on the cause :smile:

• Ralph1
    Ralph1
    Community Member
    Options

Do the keyboard shortcut ctrl + \ and alt + ctrl + \ for filling and bringing up the 1Password Helper menu work even if you cannot see the icon?

No, nothing comes up.

Do you have the command bar visible in Internet Explorer?

yes.

If the answer to 2. is yes, if you customise the command toolbar do you find 1Password is in the list of available toolbar buttons and can be added?

No, the 1Password icon is NOT in the list of available toolbar buttons.

And I checked again: the add-on is activated successfully. I also deactivated and activated it again, but nothing happens.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ralph1,

Do you see just the one entry for 1Password or was there another that you clipped from the screenshot? The reason I ask is I've always seen two entries like this

and if the second one, the one that isn't visible in your screenshot is disabled then the extension won't work. Could this explain the problems you're experiencing? If the entry isn't there or is disabled then filling wouldn't work.

• Ralph1
    Ralph1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

no there is no second entry for 1password. That might be the reason. Any idea how to get it?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

At the moment the only thing I can think to suggest @Ralph1 is to try downloading the installer again from our AgileBits Download page and see if installing a fresh copy of 1Password for Windows over the existing one makes any difference. If that changes nothing please let us know and I'll ask a couple of my colleagues to pop into this thread in the hope they can offer some better insight.

• Ralph1
    Ralph1
    Community Member
    Options

Success!!! :)

Installing a fresh copy solved my problem. I was searching for a browser addon on your website but couldn´t find it for the IE. I did not know that the browser addon for the IE comes with the install of the program itself. Thanks!!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ralph1,

I do apologise, it completely escaped me there to explain why the re-install might make a difference. As you've discovered, there is no downloadable 1Password Internet Explorer Extension. It's all to do with how very different IE handles extensions/add-ons so it's bundled with the 1Password for Windows application and handled internally unlike the other big three. So I was hoping that a re-install would force the second extension to appear given I couldn't find a good reason as to how it wasn't there in the first place.

I'm happy to hear things are working again :smile:

This discussion has been closed.