After upgrade to 1Password 6.0 I get choices instead of autofill

Options
davidhq
davidhq
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have saved passwords for amazon.com, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk and when I press CMD+\ on amazon.de for example, the password doesn't get filled in, I get this choice instead:

Can you fix this problem please? It should input the credentials from my current domain (amazon.de) automatically... also the same problem happens with ebay and other sites...

thank you
david

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: opvault (dropbox)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidhq,

What you're referring to isn't actually a bug but a deliberate change made by us in version 4.5.0 of the extension. We'd had a number of requests to see certain sites where an account would work across various TLDs e.g. .co.uk, .de & .com of which Amazon and eBay are two big ones show all relevant matches. A number of people that uses a single entry in multiple locations wanted 1Password to match regardless of which country's version of the site they were visiting and what was stored in the URL. The developers worked on this and so now for specific sites only we match regardless of the specific country code.

It does mean if you have individual items previously set up for specific countries that 1Password won't automatically fill because multiple items match. I'm not sure what solution would allow both sets of users to have 1Password as they want it here right now :(

ref: OPX-1065

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe if I delete .co.uk and .de entries now it should work provided I have the same password across all the TLDs (maybe there is no way not to have the same pass, not sure)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @davidhq,

I was assuming that you explicitly created three very separate Amazon accounts. If the username is the same in all three then it would suggest what you've done is create individual Login items for each of the main geographical locations for a single account, most likely because we didn't make this generalisation in the past of how to treat the various TLDs used by Amazon and eBay. If the username is the same in all three then you should be able to delete two entries and keep one that will show up no matter which site of Amazon or eBay you're visiting.

It's different if you maintain very separate accounts with different usernames. If you have three unique Amazon accounts, one for the UK, Germany and US then they all three will always show no matter which site you're on. I would recommend keeping the specific URL for each in their relevant Login item so that open and fill always opens the right site but in terms of filling with the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ you would always be offered all three unless two were removed from view in 1Password mini. It's possible but it would mean they're not accessible in 1Password mini until this was reverted. What we don't have is a way to define a specific one to be targeted by the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut.

As we learn a little more about your setup we'll better understand which category your current Logins fit into and what your needs are.

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

ok but please extension for Safari, there it doesn't work at all...

I have just one entry for my "amazons" now... so only amazon.com, 1password extension in Safari doesn't fill in anything on amazon.de :/ and I have restarted the browser and my extensions are set up to update automatically in Safar.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidhq Sorry for the trouble you're having. Can you double check your Safari extension version? It appears the Safari Extensions gallery is still linking users to our 4.4.4 download and the current version is 4.5.2. If you're not at 4.5.2, please remove the Safari extension from Safari > Preferences > Extensions (None of your data is stored in the extension itself, so you can delete without worry.) and then install the latest version from our website. When new versions are available from the gallery, Safari should switch back to updating from there automatically

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thank you.. yes, this is better, I had the old version... tnx again!

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

I just remembered one great addition to 1Password...

if would be perfect, if I could choose "Don't Submit Password" per login basis...

I have two logins that require additional field (one is captcha, another one 'one-time' password)

now I have to turn "Submit Logins" globally every time I want to login to either of these two.

thank you for listening

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @davidhq,

We might be able to help :smile:

There is the global setting as you know, the Automatically submit logins after filling in the Browser tab of 1Password's preferences.

There is also a per Login setting called submit which defaults to Submit when enabled and takes its cues from the global setting. It also has two other states, Always submit and Never submit. These three states allow you to either have submit after filling off by default and enabled on specific Login items or enabled by default and disabled on specific Logins. The option is only visible when you're editing the Login item.

Could this meet your needs?

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

Oh great.... I suspected you might have an option there but didn't really count on it, so I didn't check :/

That's it, very nice, thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad we were able to help @davidhq, if you have any other questions please do ask :smile:

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

so for my Amazon password, I added all 3 domains to my logon (.com, .co.uk, .de) because I use them all. Does this mean I can remove 2 of them now?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson Yes, that's correct. 1Password will consider .com a match when viewing amazon.co.uk or amazon.de. If you have those URLs attached to the same login, they won't interfere and could offer better access to those international sites, so I would keep them around if they're not causing you any grief.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

thanks!

• On behalf of jxpx777, you're welcome. Let us know if you have any other questions. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.