Phone number in Identity not filling properly

Options
t1g3r
t1g3r
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Having an issue when I use an identity to fill a form, if the phone number field is broken up into 3 separate boxes, 1. area code 2. first 3 digits 3. last four digits, 1 Password fills the entire number in the first box leaving the other two blank.

The last password manager I used had no issues with filling the number in. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Here is a site with an example that has a problem filling in phone numbers.
https://www.njm.com/Forms/Request-Application-Pennsylvania-Auto-Insurance.asp

Regards

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @t1g3r! Thanks for reporting this issue. I looked at the page that you linked, and they sadly don't give us a lot to go on here. We look at things like the fields' types, names, id's, and other clues to try to figure out what fields match up with which 1Password data. This form has this for the Home Telephone row's three fields: phone, phone2, and phone3 for the area code, exchange, and number. The first field is just plain "phone". Right now, we have a clue for the full phone number field that sees a field named "phone" and says, "Great! That must be the full phone number field!"

I have an idea for improving this, but I need to do some more testing to make sure it works. I'm going to add a test to our suite to see if we can support this, but I worry that it will result in some false positives. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and I'll update this thread if and when we have some good news to share. :)

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jamie,
    Thanks for the response, I was hoping it was just a fluke with this one site, but I see the same issue on other forms also. Hopefully it can be fixed. :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@t1g3r As always, if you run into a form filling issue, please do let us know

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@t1g3r I'm happy to report that my idea worked after all! This change is in our form filling brain so it will take it a bit to make its way to our various platforms' apps, but be on the lookout for it soon.

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member
    Options

NICE!!! Jamie, YOU ROCK!!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

He does indeed :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.