1Password on android 6.0.1 not working for me

Options
David2016
David2016
Community Member

I have the Nexus 5X running Android 6.0.1. I installed 1password. I manually copy the entire 1password.agilekeychain directory through USB to the phone's internal storage. When I start up 1Password and tell it to use that that existing vault, it fails. It does not recognize the vault. And will keep asking for the master password. And there is a red message saying that "Please report this error..."

Note that I'm a long time 1Password MAC/Android user. This was working fine on my HTC One running android 5.x. When my vault changes on my MAC, I do a backup and then copy the .zip file to the phone's local storage. This is how I sync my vault from MAC to Android: by manually copying the vault.

Something changed in android 6.0.1 that prevents this from working. Anybody seen this before?

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: None

Comments

• David2016
    David2016
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I fixed my problem. The problem has to do with the backup file that I chose. Some backup files are small like 9 megs. Some backup files are big like 24 megs. I think they're the compressed vs uncompressed version. I have to choose the uncompressed backup 1p4_zip file. Rename it to a .zip file. Unzip that file. Rename the folder to be

1Password.agilekeychain

and now the android app can properly read from it. Is there a way to always force the backup to be the complete uncompressed backup file? I see more of these smaller versions.

• saad
    Options

Hi @David2016. I’m happy to hear you were able to get local storage sync working again. You can force a backup in 1Password for Mac by going into 1Password > Preferences > Backup > Backup now from the menu bar.

Alternatively, you can configure sync to a folder on your Mac. Then copy the AgileKeychain folder to your Android device when you need to sync changes from the Mac.

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.