From 1password, can I drag username or password to open browser?

Options

From 1password, can I drag a username or password to open browser? I don't want to 'COPY' the item, as my clipboard has other important stuff in it. I'd just like a 'handle' where I can drag the element to an open browser field and it'll just fill it in.

Thanks!

Clay

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:drag item to browser

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@webmaestro This is something we've thought about in the past, but mostly in the context of 1Password misinterpreting the page when filling with the browser extension. Are you using our browser extensions? This is by far the fastest and least clipboard-clobbering way to fill logins, identities, and credit cards in the browser.

As for the actual question, there is a roundabout way you can do drag-and-drop, but it's not the most elegant. You can utilize the native text fields' support for drag and drop, but this only works in edit mode. Enter edit mode, select the text of your username, and then click once on the selected text and hold a brief pause before beginning to drag. If you see the green plus sign, you know you did it right. Then, you can drag that and drop it into the text field in the browser.

I hope this was helpful. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.