Change Master Passsword in 1Password for Teams

Options

In doing the initial setup I didn't realize the Master Password needed to be shared. Is there a way to change the Master Password in the beta 1Password for Teams?

1Password Version: 1Password for Teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @rSolutions

We hope to make the password change option available in the web client soon. At the moment it is only available in the Mac app.

• Hi @rSolutions,

Thanks for writing in. To change your Master Password in 1Password for Teams, you'll need to use either the Mac or iOS apps. These are the only places where that capability has been added. In both of them, you can go to Settings/Preferences, then select your Team and use the Change Master Password button to start the process.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• roustem
    edited January 2016
    Options

@rSolutions Another alternative (for now) could be to go through Account Recovery process that will allow you to change both Account Key and Master Password.

It would require a second recovery admin in your account, which is a great idea to have in any case: https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-recovery/

• rSolutions
    rSolutions
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks... I updated my Mac client and made the change to the Master Password. Thanks for the awesome support!

• rob
    Options

On behalf of the others, you're more than welcome, @rSolutions! Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.