How do you backup 1Password for teams?

Options

I am moving over a lot of my passwords to 1Password for teams vaults. How are those backed up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Team
Referrer: forum-search:How do you backup 1Password for teams?

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @davel77, and welcome to the forum!

Great question. 1Password for Teams does its own automatic backups, and keeps version history for all items. If you change an item accidentally, you can click the "View item history" button to see a list of older versions, and you can restore any of those versions.

We're excited to do even more with this feature in the future! :)

• dario18
    dario18
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rob - this was my question too.

I understand that the team keeps backups on the server but as the admin I'd prefer if at least one backup was under my control as well. My primary vaults are all backed up locally and to a different cloud service (all encrypted of course) in case the existing infrastructure goes down (either dropbox goes poof or agile bits backend has a bad day). Where is the team vault data stored on the local machine and could I reconstruct the vault from that if necessary?

• rob
    Options

Hi, @dario18.

1Password for Mac stores its data in one of two locations, depending on whether you purchased it from the Mac App Store or from our own web store.

Web store: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4
    Mac App Store: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

You could back up that entire folder and you would have a backup of your data, though it's not a process we really recommend. If you were to delete the folder and replace it with an earlier copy, it should properly restore set up (local vaults and team vaults) to the point in time the folder was copied.

This discussion has been closed.