Why does it say trial expired when I have purchased a license

cezrac
cezrac
Community Member

I recently started getting this message when using 1 password. I'm only getting it on one of my machines. I have a license not on a trial (or so I thought). I updated 1password to version 6 and still getting this error.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@cezrac take a look at this knowledge base article which will probably help:

“Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

Stephen

• Jacob
    edited January 2016

Hi @cezrac! I just looked for licenses associated with the email address you used to sign up on these forums. I've resent your licenses there. You do have one for 1Password 6, so just click the "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" link and you should be all set. :)

• wiston1975
    wiston1975
    Community Member

Hi, same problem here..... license expired!!!
    I put my address mail here (https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/) but doesn't work....
    Thanks for help
    David

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@wiston1975 did you read the knowledge base article to which I linked in my post above?

If that doesn't help please tell us:

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wiston1975: Indeed. Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information.

But the good news is that all you need to do is follow the instructions in the license email you received from your purchase and click the link to automatically install the license in 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• wiston1975
    wiston1975
    Community Member

Brenty, thank you very much!!!!!!!!
    Very good!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! We're here for you if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• timsinger
    timsinger
    Community Member

I have tried all of the above measures with no luck.
    When I click "Trial Expired" on the application, or browsers, I am taken to a payment page. I have already paid.
    My license Email simply says "your the best" among other text. No links or activation information.
    Stuck here and very frustrated that this company has no live support. I would have saved hours with this, and various other issues, with just a quick chat on the phone.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @timsinger,

I'm sorry you're having trouble activating the 1Password app on your Mac!

I see that you also sent us a couple emails about this earlier today. Since we may need more information about your license or account that shouldn't be posted on these public forums, it's better if we continue this conversation over email (which will also help to avoid confusion that can happen when sending us the same question in multiple places). Someone will get back to you as soon as possible via email with more information, and hopefully we'll get this all worked out very soon. Thanks so much for your patience! :)

ref: VMD-12424-379

• timsinger
    timsinger
    Community Member

Thanks- still have yet to hear from anyone.

Tim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@timsinger: Sorry for the delay! We try to respond to everyone fairly, on a first-come, first-served basis. I've just replied to your email, so we can continue the conversation there. Thanks for your patience! :)

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member

hello,

I bough 1Password from AppStore and I create 1Password account to store all my passwords in vault. Today I received email where say to I have 5 days more trial. What I should to do? I don't have options for dropbox sync. Previously I tried 1Password trial but I delete everything before bough AppStore version. I tried any method from other threads but this not resolve my problem...

I send you email with support ID #HCD-23163-286.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DarkSide,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! I see that someone from our team has already replied to your email (if you didn't receive it, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: HCD-23163-286

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG,

I received email in a same time when I make a post there :)

Everything is fine and I waiting for answer from Rob.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Great! :) I'm sure you'll hear back soon. If you have other questions about 1Password, just let us know.

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member

Hi again,

Can someone help me to solve my problem because my trial period will be expired soon and I probably lost access to some options in the app?
    First, Rob give me advice to change my bill to month subscription but I want lifetime licence for which I paid and don't want any subscription.
    After this he give me this answer:

1. Within 1Password, switch to your Personal vault and select the items you wish to move by holding Command on your keyboard while clicking them. (or an easier way is to select them all by pressing Command A on your keyboard)
    2. With the items selected, choose Items
    3. Share from the menu bar
    4. Select the vault you want to move them to (Personal) and click Move.

Once you've moved everything out of your account:

1. Choose 1Password
    2. Preferences from the menu bar,
    3. Then click the Accounts tab,
    4. Select your account, and click Sign Out.

But I don't have active share and ,,move'' option and I don't know what I supposed to do...
    Please solve this confusion because I don't have more time for this.

Thanks in advance,
    Milos

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member

Hello again,

I finally solve my problem when check the option in advanced settings ,,Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts'', this is no one mentioned before.
    After this I finally got a ,,Move'' option and successfully migrate all my passwords to local vault on Mac.

I'm really sorry for my impatience and nervous. I have a lot work to do and I never expect this problem with trial expire notification.

I love this app very much and I hope this confusion will be fixed in the some next updates, I see a many people have a same problem.

Thank you and best regards,
    Milos

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm very happy to hear you have it all straightened out now! Sorry for all the confusion about that. We're definitely working to make this less confusing in the future.

It sounds like you're all set, but if you need more help with 1Password, we're here for you! :)

ref: HCD-23163-286

• KohlerF
    KohlerF
    Community Member

Same issue for me. I can't apply my license to my account. Say's it is in trial mode. Mac Version 6.6.3

I sent an email and got a non-response. Very frustrated that I have wasted hours on your lack of support.!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KohlerF,

I'm sorry you're running into such a frustrating issue with your 1Password license! I see that Nathan has already replied to your emails (if you didn't receive his reply, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). To avoid confusion, we'll keep the conversation going directly via email so we don't duplicate efforts between here and there. Thank you for your patience! :)

ref: ZVS-34397-334

This discussion has been closed.