Bank Site with 3 Login fields across 2 pages

Options

Howdy all!

Bank site is: https://providentnj.ebanking-services.com/

As you can see, there are 3 fields I need filled in: Company ID, User ID and Password. Password is on the next page.

I can get 1Password to fill in the CompanyID and then the password (with 2 presses of the shortcut), but not all 3. I have to manually type in UserID.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Keith

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@kprogebin does this knowledge base article help?

Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

Stephen

• kprogebin
    kprogebin
    Community Member
    Options

Not really, @Stephen_C. I can get 1 of the 2 ID fields filled in along with the password, just not all 3. the multiple pages doesn't cause a problem, the extra ID fields does. Manually creating didn't seem to work either. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kprogebin,

It seems to work for me when I follow the steps to create a Login item for the first page of that site - I filled both fields, chose "Save new Login" from 1Password mini, and saved it. Is that what you did? When I refreshed that page and selected the new Login item, 1Password filled both the Company ID and User ID fields (I couldn't get to the next page though, as I don't have an account on that site).

If that's what you did but 1Password is still only filling one of those 2 fields, I wonder if it might be connected to the version of the 1Password extension you have installed, which you said is version 4.4.4. That's a bit older, and the latest is currently 4.5.2. Do you happen to be using Safari? If so, unfortunately Apple has not yet published the latest version of our extension in the Safari Extension Gallery, but you can install version 4.5.2 from our own extension download site. You might need to uninstall the older extension from Safari first, which you can do from Safari > Preferences > Extensions.

Does that help? Let us know how it all goes and if you have questions about any of that. We're here for you! :)

• kprogebin
    kprogebin
    Community Member
    Options

I updated the Safari extension to 4.5.2 from your site and installed it and tested it on a different site - all good.

Then I followed your advice on adding the login manually. It appears that in the web form details section of 1Password, both fields are there with values to be filled in, but when I try to use the new login, it only fills in my UserID in the CompanyID field and leaves UserID blank.

Any other ideas? Thanks so much for such great support!

Keith

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kprogebin,

Currently there isn't a way to create a single Login item that will work here I'm afraid. As it stands 1Password can handle unusual pages by following the How to manually save a Login guide that you already know about. I believe that if you were to create a Login item for just that first page that you would be able to replicate Drew_AG's findings of both fields filling like I've just managed to do. The problems start when you try to add the password to this Login item. I'll try to explain as best I can.

When we save a Login item from inside the browser we save details of all the fields present and their values. This data, that we store in the section titled web form details serves two purposes. It holds the values to fill with but it also gets used as a fingerprint. The stored fingerprint has to match the fingerprint of the loaded page before we fill using the details stored inside of the web form details (what we call Fill by HTML attribute). If the fingerprints don't match we fall back on a more basic version of filling where we only attempt to fill the username and password fields as stored in the top of a Login item. When you add the password for the second page it unfortunately alters the stored fingerprint. So while it allows you to fill the second page it stops 1Password believing we have a match on the first and then it falls back on the more basic filling. The result is what you've observed.

It's not ideal but for now you could get 1Password to fill both pages by using two separate Login items and title them accordingly so they're easy to differentiate. It's what we cover in the help section at the bottom of our page Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages as the if all else fails method. For the moment this workaround of two Login items is the only option I can visualise as we would need to alter 1Password's behaviour a fair bit to work better with sites like this and perform a lot of testing given the potential impact it would have. I can see benefits of such work but we would have to be careful.

I do apologise that I couldn't offer a more elegant solution of you - sorry about that.

• kprogebin
    kprogebin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables --

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I understand what you are saying.

As a workaround, I have 1Password setup to enter the CompanyID on the first page and then (with a second press), enter the password. I can manage to remember and type in my username.

Thanks again!

Keith

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kprogebin,

That's another solution :smile: Basically whatever works the best until we can come up with a better approach. It's always nicer when we can say here's how to make it work smoothly so I'm glad that while I wasn't able to do so that at least my explanation helped.

If you have any other problematic sites please do let us know and maybe next time we can offer better solutions :smile:

This discussion has been closed.