websites login issues

Options

I am new to 1password and i can't get into some of my sites, it says to many login attempts but I put the password in that I created in 1password? I'm having lots of problems understanding how to set it all up and looking in forums is not helping me....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• STZ
    STZ
    Community Member
    Options

some sites i'm having trouble with like twitter. It shows the new password but does not let me login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@STZ I've merged the separate threads you started about the same issue because it will make it easier to keep all answers in the same place, and so make it easier for you to find those answers.

In order to help you we really need some basic information about your setup. Please tell us:

Incidentally, you'll probably find the user guide a great help because it has some very helpful sections (with screen shots) about how to get started (among other things).

Stephen

• dochoi
    dochoi
    Community Member
    Options

After upgrading to 1P 6.0.1 Logins do not work automatically anymore. Every time, I want to log in with 1P mini I have to hit the Return button on the approached website which is time consuming. Before, when using 1P mini this was not needed. Any chance to repair that?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
    Browser: Firefox 43.0.4
    Extension Version: 4.5.2.
    OS Version: 10.11.2

• STZ
    STZ
    Community Member
    Options

10.11.3 el caption on a 2015 iMac
    Safari
    1password 4.5.2
    I've looked at the guides but I'm still confused.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@STZ I'm sorry for the trouble you're having getting started with 1Password. Thanks for posting here to the forums so we can help get things working for you.

In the first post, you said, "I put the password in that I created in 1password." In saying this, do you mean that you created a new password in 1Password and then tried to log into the site? Did you also sign into the site with the previous password and change it to the new password that 1Password created for you? Right now, 1Password doesn't have the ability to change your passwords automatically for you, and if it did, we would still need the current password in order to log in before we could submit the new password.

Generally, the way to get started with 1Password is to use your same passwords you've been using and allow 1Password to autosave the login as you use your sites. As you have time and motivation, you can go to those various sites, visit their change password page, and use 1Password's strong password generator from the browser extension to fill the new password in. When you do this, much of the time, 1Password will recognize that you're changing your password and offer to update the login. If it doesn't, the password you generated is by default in the clipboard so you can easily edit the entry in 1Password. If it didn't copy to the clipboard, you can also find the generated password in the Passwords section in the main 1Password application.

I hope that helps give you a jump start with 1Password. If you have any other questions or difficulties, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to clarify things and help you get the most out of 1Password.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.