new fields will not save when updating 1password login

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

My website now also asks for my DOB with 3 fields in addition to my login ID. I have tried updating my existing 1Password login, but to no avail - it simply does not see the extra 3 fields.

If I save a new login, it's fine, but that would mean laboriously copying across all the extra info I made in the old login to the new (which I know I will make errors doing). Is there a way for an existing login to recognise new fields when being updated?

I am using the settings gear icon on 1password mini then "save new login" and then selecting the "update existing login" tab.

thanks,
James.

(The website has actually been asking for my DOB for ages, but I only just got around to wondering whether I can update my 1Password login to cope with it)

[edit: typos]

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @JamesHenderson. Sorry for the trouble. The "Update existing login" feature will update the username and password of the existing login but not the various saved fields. This is something we can improve. In the immediate term, saving a new login is really the best way to get the page's full details updated. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at the moment.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, understood - thanks.

• You're welcome, James! We're here if you need us. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.