How to add Documents to the Vault

Options

I'm stuck. I want to add a family document to the 'Everyone' vault I share with my family.
However, when in the vault and I press the + sign there doesn't seem to be any heading for adding a document. There is one for a 'Secure Note' but I want something different to a note.
If you navigate to the vault summary you can see, greyed out, a heading for Documents - but how do you access this to add a doc??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @michaelnorval,

Thanks for writing in. Adding Documents is currently only supported when using the Mac version of 1Password. The other apps will be adding support over time. Can you tell us which app you're using to access your vault at this time?

Rick

• michaelnorval
    michaelnorval
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Rick.
    I am using 1P for Teams on iMac and iPad. It was when using my iMac that I couldn't find how to put up a document. I haven't looked on an iPad.
    I also use 1P v6

• bbates7995
    bbates7995
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1Password for Mac and do not see the option to add a document either.

1Password 6
    Version 6.0.1 (601003)
    AgileBits Store

• rob
    Options

@michaelnorval it sounds like you were using 1Password for Teams in your web browser on your Mac and iPad, is that correct? The web client cannot currently add new Documents, but if you switch to 1Password for Mac, our native Mac client, you should be able to add a Document there.

@bbates7995, it looks like you might be in a non-team vault. Documents are new item types supported only in team vaults at this time. If you have a team account set up in 1Password for Mac, you should be able to switch to a team vault and add a new Document there.

• michaelnorval
    michaelnorval
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rob - yes I was in Safari when I came across the issue.
    I assume you mean that I would have to enter 1P for Teams, from within the App.
    It seems a bit long winded and counter-intuitive. Are you working on loading Docs from a browser?

• Hi @michaelnorval,

Eventually we'll hopefully support uploading documents from the browser. We'd like the web experience to be just as good as the native apps as much as possible.

Rick

• mbrousseau
    mbrousseau
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    if I'm understanding this thread correctly, you can only add documents from the 1Password Mac App, which can then be shared to the other team members? documents cannot be added via the team browser and a team member using the window app cannot add documents? this is going to be a show stopper as not all team members will have mac.

MarcB

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi, @mbrousseau, and welcome to our forum!

That is correct at this time. We don't intend for it to stay that way, but we're still working to get all the other clients up to speed. The Mac app tends to lead the way with new features, but we're working to get into a cycle of rolling things out everywhere at the same time.

At this point, though, we just need to get 1Password for Teams support into all our client apps and then we can start improving feature parity. :)

• skerkvli
    skerkvli
    Community Member
    Options

This is a feature I have been wanting for a long time. Always feels funny to take a picture with the iPhone, transfer it to the Mac so a document/photo can be added to 1Password on the Mac just so I can get it synced back over to my iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, managing files simply isn't something that 1Password for iOS can do at all — regardless of whether you're using the standalone app or 1Password Families/Teams. Hopefully we'll be able to add this feature in the future, but it isn't something we're able to do currently.

• cobra_1pw
    cobra_1pw
    Community Member
    Options

Has there been any progress on this issue? When do you plan to allow adding documents in the Windows app? This is a great feature. Also do you plan to increase the 1 GB limit for storing documents?

• We're still working on adding this to the Windows app. I don't have a timeline to share with you at the moment, but you can add Documents from 1Password.com in a browser on your computer. The storage limit is based on your plan, actually. If you have an individual or family account it's just 1 GB, but team accounts get 5 GB per person on the Pro plan and 1 GB on the Standard plan. The Pro plan is available at the price of the Standard one right now since we have an early adopter promotion running. :) Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.