The program is freezing up frequently

Options
2»

Comments

• JPEwing
    JPEwing
    Community Member
    Options

I too was having this problem on iOS version 6.2.2. Just switched over to iCloud sync (which I was planning on doing soon anyway). A quick test seems to show that worked. It was very distressing to have the app hang like that on iOS… Always worried about whether any changes were lost. It usually seemed it wasn’t, fortunately.

• Devokan
    Devokan
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my voice to MortalWombatUK and to add to my previous post, I think the bug may be related with 1Password for Team. It seems to me possible that I have start to encounter the freezing bug after adding a team account wich I have remove since then. The bug as not stop after that removal.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @JPEwing!

@Devokan, we've seen this issue with folks who have never used Teams, so I suspect that is likely a coincidence. At the moment the issue appears to be related to Dropbox syncing.

Ben

• neerbos
    neerbos
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing this freezing too. Running 6.2.2 on iPhone 6s and iPad mini 2: identical behaviour. Syncing 2 vaults using Dropbox, 3 using Team.

After editing one or two entries the app locks up. Killing the app and restarting fixes that.

At first I reckoned this was caused by adding/editing tags. But it happens for every edit you make.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @neerbos

Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried making the edits with airplane mode turned on?

Ben

• neerbos
    neerbos
    Community Member
    Options

Yes @bwoodruff I did try the airplane mode according to some others in this thread. Still freezes. After the 3rd edit in my recent test. However if you wait long enough it will come back to life.

Sadly, the app becomes unstable after disabling airplane mode. I.e. when I show a tag the list is empty (there are in fact multiple entries in here). Once again you need to kill the app to fix that.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry, @neerbos. We're hoping to have this fixed up in 6.3, but just to make sure the issue you're experiencing is the one others have reported here, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

(iOS) Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• neerbos
    neerbos
    Community Member
    Options

No worries @bwoodruff . Posted diagnostics support ID [#GBN-27619-874].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neerbos: Thanks for sending that! I see that we've received your email but Laura didn't have the context of this discussion. I've added some notes and we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: GBN-27619-874

• racklin
    racklin
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here by syncing vaults with Dropbox ,
    iOS 9.2.1 , 1Password 6.2.2 and Diagnostic report sent by email

[#EBI-18857-818]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@racklin: Thank you! We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: EBI-18857-818

• jochenneese
    jochenneese
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I am experiencing the same problem on IOS and 1P 6.22. Do you need another diagnostics report or did you detect the bug already? I am not using 1P for teams or 1P for family. Also syncing with Dropbox.

A question regarding iCloud sync: Does this require iCloud Drive activated on all machines involved, or does it just require an iCloud account? If iCloud Drive is required then syncing 1P via iCloud is not an option because I have 130 GB of data in my iCloud Drive and thus can't activate iCloud Drive on my Macbook Air (120 GB SSD) ;-)

• jochenneese
    jochenneese
    Community Member
    Options

Additional info: The IOS Apps get more or less unusable. The "spinning sun" symbol on the upper end of the iPhone, usually indicating network activity, spins and spins and spins, and the UI freezes. The only way to get them back to work is:
    1. force quit the IOS app
    2. turn on flight mode, so all internet connection is disabled
    3. start 1P app on IOS device and tap some of the entries, seeing that everything works
    4. end flight mode, thus re-enabling internet
    5. start 1P IOS app, and the "spinning sun" symbol just spins for 1 more second and stops. Then everything works normally, until the next Dropbox sync.

Regards
    Jochen

• Ben
    Options

Hi Jochen ( @jochenneese ),

iCloud Drive does have to be enabled. While we don't directly use iCloud Drive the technology we do use (CloudKit) is not enabled unless iCloud Drive is enabled.

I see in your second method you mentioned Dropbox... did you try switching to Dropbox sync? From your description it sounds like Dropbox may be your better bet. If you've got Dropbox configured on your devices but are still experiencing the issue described I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jochenneese
    jochenneese
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

At first:
    IOS support ID is [#EVQ-67387-583]
    Mac support ID is [#TTS-86968-984]

Then I recognized that I had forgotten to indicate this thread URL in the emails and resent the reports. The second IDs I then got are:
    IOS: [#QMC-39442-732]
    Mac: [#XJB-76233-827]

By the way: I do use Dropbox for syncing and have never used something else. The iCloud solution you proposed to someone else with the same problem sounded promising, but unfortunately due to what you said above, I can't use it.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

I see. Sorry for the confusion on my part. Thanks for the reports! We'll get back to you via email.

Ben

ref: EVQ-67387-583

• extensioncord
    extensioncord
    Community Member
    Options

Also having this problem (locking up on iOS, slow unlocks on Mac OS X). iOS diagnostics support ID is [#LTD-33556-693]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@extensioncord: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: LTD-33556-693

• wingsuitmichal
    wingsuitmichal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    6.3 was released to the app store and I just downloaded it. I moved several items between my vaults and 1P is not freezing for me any more like it did yesterday, so it appears that this bug was fixed!

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wingsuitmichal Fantastic to hear that you're having a better experience now :)

6.3 was a smaller release, but it fixed some pretty important issues so we wanted to get it out sooner.

Please let us know if you encounter any trouble though! Have a wonderful weekend!

• neerbos
    neerbos
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that this bug was fixed for me in 6.3.1! Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation, @neerbos.

If anyone is still having issues after updating to v6.3 please send us fresh diagnostic reports. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.