Keeps defaulting to "All Vaults"

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

I have a work vault and a home vault to separate and organise my passwords. On my work iOS devices I have it set to use my work vault and my personal devices my personal vault.

What i've noticed since the "All Vaults" option has been introduced is that the iOS app no longer remembers what vault I was using the last time I had it open and it keeps defaulting back to displaying passwords from all my vaults.

I went to the effort of creating separate vaults so I wouldn't get clutter and see passwords that are no use to me in the context in which i'm using the app. I don't want to see my work stuff when i'm at home and likewise don't want my personal stuff getting in the way when i'm in work. This worked great before all vaults was introduced because the app would use the last vault that was open.

Searching for information by default now brings up passwords that are no use to me so for instance when I'm looking for a work gmail account all my personal gmail info comes up as well.

It's very annoying to have to switch the vault setting every-time I open the app. I find All Vaults useful on occasion but i'd like to select when I use it rather than it be forced on me.

Can 1Password go back to using the vault that was last used, whether that's all vaults or a specific vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

sorry for your frustration with All Vaults. The easiest way to solve this is to exclude your personal vault from All Vaults on your work iOS devices and to exclude your work vault from All Vaults on your personal devices. To do that simply go to Settings > Vaults > All Vaults and turn all vaults you don't want included in All Vaults off.

Would that be a solution for you?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Winnie,

Most of the time I just want one vault to be active but I sometimes want to search across both vaults. I do think the all vaults option is a great addition to the application and can be useful so it would be a pitty to completely get rid of that feature, which is in affect what I would be doing by having only one vault listed in the settings.

My issue is not with the all vaults feature but with the choice to no longer remember the active vault and always default back to all vaults.

I wonder why this choice was made? If the app simply went back to where it was when it closed it would still go back to all vaults if that's what the user was using when they closed the app. What's the benefit to this change?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @reck,

I don't think it was so much of a conscious decision to leave that out, but more of an issue of timing. If you develop something until it is perfect you'll never ship anything. I do personally believe it makes sense to have 1Password remember which vault view you left off in, and hopefully that is something we'll see in the future... though, I cannot make any promises at this stage.

We appreciate the feedback. :)

Ben

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @bwoodruff, you're very welcome. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

This discussion has been closed.