1Password items being deleted from iCloud?

Options
ChocolateAndTech
ChocolateAndTech
Community Member

Hi,

I've posted this before, but I still was confused about how this works. If someone were on my iOS device, couldn't they just go into Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > 1Password > and choose "Edit" > Then choose to "Delete All" to remove all of my data off of 1Password? Or would that do something different?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ChocolateAndTech,

Physical security is an important part of keeping your data safe, and the first step of that is not allowing anyone you don't trust completely to use your device. In addition, Touch ID or a passcode should be enabled, so if the device is stolen or lost someone cannot access your device.

But that is a bit of a separate topic. :) To answer your question, if someone were able to do that, it would break syncing with 1Password, but would not delete 1Password's local copy. They could of course then also delete the 1Password app from the device, which would remove the local copy. It would not, however, delete the 1Password data from any other devices you are syncing with.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.