Just spotted the "large Type" option from passwords! WOW

chaoskcw
chaoskcw
Community Member

I just spotted the "large type" option on passwords. No idea how long its been there, but I raised this along with others a while back in the support forumns around 1P 4/5 time.

The block ruled numbering is a amazing, and will soo improve my work flow logging into many sites.

Thanks 1P!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@chaoskcw I'm not sure which version of 1Password you are referring to. 1Password for iOS has Large Type since v5? The MAC version had since v5.3 or v5.4?

• Thanks for the kind words and feedback, @chaoskcw. :) Glad to hear it helps.

• chaoskcw
    chaoskcw
    Community Member

@wkleem : Looking over old posts it was stil under discussion Nov 2014 or so. Clearly I missed this in the release notes which I do read , but could be a terminology thing, as "large type" sounds like a font change to me and since I was seeing clearly I had no use to use it.

Very glad its there, so useful :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chaoskcw,

the large type feature is one of my favourite new things on iOS too. Also, it's great to hear that you read our release notes. We have a lot of fun creating those, so it's awesome to know that they're being read. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Megan, @bwoodruff I am sure grateful for the Large Type feature although Type can be a shortened form of Typography or Fonts. I know the feature says what it means but there's some room for confusion. A suggestion, I wonder if a change of word from "Large" to "Magnified" might be in order?

I, for one, hope that this feature will be implemented in a future version of 1Password for Windows.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

If you used a thesaurus, you will likely find a larger list of acceptable words.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem ,

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's always difficult to find the perfect name for a new feature. It's important to find one that is both descriptive and and simple enough that it can be understood by as many users as possible. Personally, I think that Large Type is a pretty good descriptor for the feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.