Hello, I'm a new user. I have 1Password setup on my Mac but I can't get the wifi sync to iOS

Options
Brian88
Brian88
Community Member

Trying to get the initial setup sync to iOS.
Following the guide steps.
It says sync started but then after awhile I get the error message: Sync Problem -The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out.
More info: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out".

I've tried turning off the firewall and the other Help suggestions but nothing works.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:wifi-troubleshooting, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Brian88 what usually fixes that sort of problem for me is simply rebooting both devices. If that doesn't work please try rebooting your router.

You say:

I've tried turning off the firewall and the other Help suggestions

but I'm unclear from that whether you've worked methodically through the suggestions in this knowledge base article:

Wi-Fi Sync is not working

By all means post again if you've tried all these suggested solutions and it still doesn't work.

Stephen

• Brian88
    Brian88
    Community Member
    Options

Tried all that.... Not working... My wifi system is working fine... I have no problems with any other program... All the 1Password programs are the latest update and they are clearly communicating with each other... It just times out trying to sync... Never even gets to where it would ask me for my Master Password... It's the same on both my iPhone and iPad.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Brian88,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Brian88
    Brian88
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Since the devices were clearly communicating with each other I figured that it had to be some simple way around the sync problem...
    Finally I initiated the apps on both the iPad and iPhone as separate new vaults and then went back and synced the primary vault and it worked.
    Seems to be working as it should now.

Thank you!

Brian

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks for the update Brian! I'm glad to hear you were able to get this resolved. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.