1 password for iPhone.

Ls4568
Ls4568
Community Member

I purchased the pro version thinking it would allow me to store multiple passwords that are non website related however I don't see that option. Am I missing something or did I just waste $10?

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@Ls4568 Before the Community Moderator @Stephen_C moves this discussion to the iOS forum, could you please elaborate? With examples that are sanitized

The are Security Notes that can store non website generated info but I don't know if you mean it that way..

• Ls4568
    Ls4568
    Community Member

I only see the security part in the settings. The only option I have to enter passwords is under categories which is for websites.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ls4568,

Our Login category is meant for username and password combinations that can be filled in on websites. If you're looking to store passwords that are used for other purposes (perhaps a locker combination), you have a few options. As wkleem suggests, you could use the Secure Notes category, which is a customizable database with custom fields so you can create any sort of entry that you would like.

The other option is the Passwords category. Generally, this category is used to save passwords that 1Password has generated for you (before they are properly saved into a Login item - as a safety net) but it could be used for passwords that have no username or website attached to them as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about 1Password for iOS. I'm biased here, but I definitely don't think you wasted your money - I'm sure you'll find 1Password to be a useful tool for keeping your passwords, and other important digital information, secure. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Another suggestion is the use of the Custom Field in Logins, or Notes in Logins. Security Questions usually don't fit into the "Passwords" category but it needs to be stored somewhere and the Password Generator can be used to generate potentially unintelligible answers.

If the Question is "What is you Dog's name?" "Fido" will make for terrible security answer!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed! There's a lot of flexibility. The only times it really matters which item types you use are if they are such that you want 1Password to fill them (e.g. Login, Identity, Credit Card). Other types cannot be used for filling. Otherwise you can use whichever makes the most sense to you, and with the Pro Features you can add custom sections and fields to items (though the custom parts cannot be filled) to break things down and organize them the way you want. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.