Unable to uninstall 1Password to restart with new vault

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: master password change on iphone.

Comments

• donpark
    donpark
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot figure out how to start a new thread so this is the closest existing. I have completely confused my Master password so was going to re-install the app. I deleted the app from my iPhone 6 but when I go to the app store to redownload, all I get is a screen to OPEN the app (which requires my missing Master password.) I'm willing to start from the beginning I just need to get there!! (I had very limited current data saved in the vaults etc.) Any ideas?

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donpark!

We'd love to help you get back up and running! I have a few questions; your answers will help us give you the best advice possible!

1. What version of 1Password are you using? If you're not sure, this guide will help.
    2. Are you syncing your data to another device? If you are, do you use iCloud, Wi-Fi, Dropbox, or the 1Password for Teams beta?
    3. Do you back up your iPhone to your computer or iTunes?

Thanks!

• donpark
    donpark
    Community Member
    Options

At this point I have no idea what version it WAS. I deleted it from the iPhone. Now when I try to download it again from the app store, I don't get a download option I get the box which says Open and clicking on that requires inputting my password. (If I knew the password, I would not have had this problem in the first place!!)

I was not really using the software/app previously but wanted to start. Thus there was no syncing or backup. I just want to start over as a new user...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @donpark. It sounds as though 1Password was not actually deleted when you attempted to delete it. It may have gotten misplaced within a folder, or on another home screen. Can you please look through your home screens and folders (if you have any) and make sure you do not see the 1Password icon anywhere?

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.