Your droid app does not support OPVault. I do not get a boc for "enable OPVault" to uncheck.

tonygambino
tonygambino
Community Member

I am trying to sync from my Mac to my Android. I am using a Galaxy S5 with 5.1.1 OS, My Mac is running 10.11.1. I have read that your current Android version does not support your OPVault format (really!?) and I have to use an older format you used to use, "agilekeychain". I found instructions that stated if I disabled synching and reenabled I could uncheck the "use OPVault" option. I have no such option.

I downloaded both apps today sop I should be running the latest versions of both. Thank you for your help.

-Tony Gambino

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-dropbox, kb:sync-options, ug:android/settings-sync, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• Hi @tonygambino. 1Password on Android uses the AgileKeychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on revisiting.

We recently introduced Wi-Fi sync that uses an internal version of the OPVault format. If you wish to avoid using AgileKeychain right now, you can switch over to Wi-Fi sync on your Android device and switch to OPVault format on other platforms.

If you'd like to switch to AgileKeychain, though, launch 1Password 6 on your Mac and login with your Master Password. From the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences, and tap the Sync menu. Click the up/down arrows to change syncing and select None. Then select Help > Tools. You should see Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync checked. Uncheck that, and then go back to your sync preferences and reenable Dropbox sync. This time, 1Password should create an .agilekeychain in Dropbox.

Let us know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• tonygambino
    tonygambino
    Community Member

That 100% worked! Thank you. The instructions I found elsewhere had a different location for that checkbox. Say, what if any security or features have I lost by using an agilekeychain vs OPVault?

Thank you

• No problem at all, @tonygambino. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get switched over.

As to security, AgileKeychain is a secure format, but OPVault is newer and more secure. You can read a bit about it here. Let us know if you have more questions!

This discussion has been closed.