Frequently used emails

Options
bugsy_pal
bugsy_pal
Community Member

Hello,
For some years I have been using the STRIP (recently renamed 'Codebook') IOS app to store my passwords and logins details. I also use their desktop apps.

Their iOS app has a very nifty and useful feature for use when entering login information - a "Frequently Used" selector for filling out email address fields. This saves so much time, as I tend to use a mobile device to add new login entries to my database, and typing email addresses becomes a real chore. I have about 8 or 9 email addresses listed under "Frequently Used", including this of my wife and children.

I really like what 1Password has to offer. I can't see a similar feature within the 1Password iOS app. Is this something that you would consider adding?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bugsy_pal

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm not sure it'd be a perfect analog (I'm not familiar with Codebook), but it sounds like 1Password's "Identities" may serve a similar purpose:

Create an Identity item | 1Password for iOS

These can be used for filling in frequently requested fields such as name, address, email address, etc.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bugsy_pal
    bugsy_pal
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply. Identities is different from what I'm talking about - from what I understand, they are a different type of vault entry, and obviously quite useful in the right circumstances.

The thing I am referring to in my earlier post is the ability to add an email address to an email field within a new 1Password vault entry, without having to type the address, eg. via a pulldown menu or some sort of selector for frequently used emails.

Best regards,
    bugsy

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bugsy_pal!

This is a really interesting idea! We have a similar request in our feature request system; I added your vote for this feature so our developers know you're interested in seeing it!

ref: OPI-2088

• bugsy_pal
    bugsy_pal
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thank you! That's great
    Cheers, bugs

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.