Vault not found on Dropbox sync with Android

Options
jason_curious
jason_curious
Community Member

Using 1Password on my Mac Book Pro (running El capt'). Attempt to syncing primary vault to Dropbox and retrieve via 1Password on my Nexus5x Android phone. I verified that the vault is synced and go to my Android device. Through 1Password, I login to Dropbox and go to the vault folder (Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault/default) and I get the following error:

Vault not found
A 1Password vault wasn't found in this folder. Please check that you have the correct location.

I have verified that the 1Password.opvault is fully synced on Dropbox. I attempted to reinstall the Android app several times with no success. Several months ago I was able to set this up on another Mac Book Pro and the same phone and it worked flawlessly. One odd thing I did notice is that on the Mac "1Password.opvault" is a file, however, when I navigate to it on Dropbox on my phone (or in the browser on desktop) it is a folder with a "default" folder inside and numerous .js files.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:starting-over, kb:dropbox-error-vault-not-found, kb:how-safe-is-cloud-sync, ug:android/, kb-search:Android A 1Passsword vault wasn't found in this folder

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @jason_curious. I'm happy to help get things syncing properly. :)

The reason 1Password on Android isn't able to find the OPVault vault in Dropbox is because the OPVault format is not yet supported on Android for Dropbox and local storage sync. 1Password 4 for Android requires the AgileKeychain format for syncing using those solutions.

Wi-Fi sync uses an internal version of the OPVault, so you're welcome to sync your .opvault with Android using Wi-Fi if you like.

If you prefer to sync using Dropbox, however, you'll need to switch to .agilekeychain on Mac. To do so, launch 1Password and, from the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences, and then select the Sync tab. Click the up/down arrows and select None, and then select Disable sync.

Once you've done that, select Help > Tools and then uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync. Then go back to your sync preferences and configure sync with Dropbox again. This time, an .agilekeychain vault will be created in Dropbox. You should be able to sync your Android with that now. :)

Also, the .opvault and the .agilekeychain are indeed folders, as you see them in Dropbox. On Mac it appears as a single file, but it actually contains everything you see in the folder in Dropbox.

Let us know how that goes! I'll be happy to help if you have further questions or problems. Thanks!

• jason_curious
    jason_curious
    Community Member
    Options

Issue resolved. Thank you for the assistance.

Any idea on when the Android version will support the OPVault?

• peri
    Options

No problem, @jason_curious! I'm glad I could help. :)

We are hoping to add support for the OPVault format on Android, but unfortunately I can't say when that might be. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• pjbyyz
    pjbyyz
    Community Member
    Options

This is not working for me. When I go to the step "Help > Tools and then uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync" all three options in Tools are greyed out so I cannot select or unselect them. I thought 1 password was supposed to be easy! I'm stuck

• peri
    Options

Hi @pjbyyz. Can you confirm that 1Password on your Mac is unlocked when you select Help > Tools? If the app is locked, you won't be able to change its preferences there. Let me know what you find out!

• pjbyyz
    pjbyyz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri, I have uninstalled the software and aborted the project. This software is too complicated and I don't have hours dedicated to trouble shooting. I need a less technical solution, hope I can find one. Thanks for trying though.

• saad
    Options

@pjbyyz This makes me sad and I’m sorry to see you go. We hear you loud and clear, and we are improving this use case by adding support for OPVault format in the beta version of 1Password for Android. When beta testing completes, we will publish the update on the stable channel. From there, it should be much easier to configure sync with OPVault. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.