My Vaults Are Empty Except Primary Vault

Options
RiderXTC
RiderXTC
Community Member

When I launch 1Password on my Macbook, it does not allow me to switch to any of my other vaults - they are all greyed out. The only vault I can successfully open is my primary vault. After opening my primary vault and I select 'Switch to Vault' and choose any vault other than my primary vault, they are selectable but they are empty. All of my vaults are configured to synchronize with Dropbox. I am also using the Windows desktop app, also configured to synchronize with Dropbox, and these same vaults do have content and entries on the Windows platform. One other piece of information I should share is that when I open 1Password on my iPhone 6s Plus, I can also open see the content and entries stored in my other vaults.

This is an urgent issue because I travel throughout the day with my Macbook and really rely heavily on information stored in these vaults. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

There is something else I just noticed. When I go to Sync preferences on for 1Password on my Macbook app and I choose any of the vaults that appear to have no entries, although they should, there is a message in tiny letters to the right of "Sync XXXX vault with Dropbox" that says, "Please unlock 1Password to change sync preferences". However, as I mentioned above, it does not allow me to open 1Password directly to any other vault than my primary vault.

• ag_kevin
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @RiderXTC,

We have identified a sync bug with the iOS version. There will be a fix for that shortly. We do have a workaround for you today, however:

Note, only do this if you are already syncing with Dropbox. It appears that you are from your comment. Also, make sure you know the master password to your secondary vault before starting this.

1. In 1Password for Mac, go to Preferences and click on Backups. Click the Backup button to make a backup copy.
    2. In 1Password, switch to the vault that is missing the items. Then choose Delete <vault_name> from the 1Password menu and delete the vault there. Do not delete the keychain file itself.
    3. Create a new secondary vault with the same password as your previous secondary vault.
    4. In Preferences lick on Sync, then select your secondary vault and set it to sync with Dropbox. Locate the secondary vault file on Dropbox.
    5. After it syncs, you should have your items back.

If you have need any assistance with the above steps, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

This worked. I would like to clarify Step 2 for others that might reference this thread. What it should read is the following.

1. From within 1Password for Mac, login to your Primary vault. Once logged in, switch to the vault with missing information, then from the menu choose 1Password>Delete xxxxxxxx Vault. Do not delete the actual keychain from within Finder itself.

Thank you for your help.

• ag_kevin
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @RiderXTC,

Glad to hear it's working! Thank you for your tip. I agree, I could have been a lot clearer in step 2. I will update the step for others.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.