Bypass "Unlock and merge" new Primary vault with a vault found in iCloud (forgotten pwd)?

Options
plainswanderer
plainswanderer
Community Member

I'm trying to set up a Primary vault for my wife on our shared iMac but the setup appears to force us to "Unlock and merge" with a vault found against her email address in iCloud. Is it possible to bypass this while still enabling syncing to her other devices via iCloud? We probably don't need the legacy vault in iCloud as it was assumedly from an iPhone install of 1Password that was never adopted.

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi plainswanderer,

Absolutely. The option you want is located under the menu Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Once reset, you should be able to enable iCloud sync without having to merge with an existing vault.

Let us know how it goes.

• plainswanderer
    plainswanderer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Chadseld

Thank you for your solid advice - worked first time so we've got another convert to 1Password!

All the best and keep up the good work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Chad, you're very welcome! I'm really happy to hear you've decided to convert to 1Password, and I know Chad and the others here will be excited to hear that as well. We're always glad to help, so if you ever need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know! :)

• lilpill
    lilpill
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

I have just encountered the same issue and have been searching for an answer when I found this thread. EXCEPT I don't have Reset iCloud Data as an option...? It also says that Vault found in icloud was last modified on 1 Jan 1970 hmm. I don't want to merge with this vault as I have never used it and don't know what's in there. How can I proceed?

Thank you

• lilpill
    lilpill
    Community Member
    Options

Please ignore my previous comment. For some reason I didn't get notification of an update and have been running an older version. Have updated and Reset iCloud Data has appeared. Steps above worked great. All fixed.

Thanks again.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lilpill I'm glad you found this thread and were able to sort everything out!

This discussion has been closed.