How to transfer license from Mac App Store to AgileBits version?

Options
davidcga
davidcga
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

I bought 1Password from apple store, but next day installed Web version, which i'd like to keep. How can I get the license file from the apple store version to install it in the web version.
The web version installed without any problems

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@davidcga - I changed your title from your forum handle to one that better reflects your question. I hope you don't mind, but that will help you get the answer you need.

There may be a better way to do this, but this will work: Send email to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your request for a license for their web store version. Include your receipt for your license from the Mac App Store and a link to this thread. When you receive the automated reply, it will speed things up if you post the included support ticket number back here in this thread.

• Normally, the web store version will detect the presence of the App Store license and use it as the license. This is broken in 6.0.1, but we will fix it as soon as possible.

So, if you hang tight, there will be no need to have multiple licenses. We hope to get a fix out before the 30 day trial expires.

• davidcga
    davidcga
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome :) Let us know if you have any other questions!

• davidcga
    davidcga
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again.

I've just updated 1Password to the new 6.02 version. Has this problem been solved? It still asks me to add a License file and now it's only 7 days left...

• Hi @davidcga,

The bug was actually in the Mac App Store version of the app, and not the AgileBits store version. Version 6.0.2 of the Mac App Store version is now making its way to the various App Store servers and should be showing up for everyone in a matter of hours. Here's what you'll want to do:

• Download/Update 1Password from the Mac App Store to 6.0.2
    • Restart 1Password and 1Password mini from the AgileBits store
    • See if it shows up as licensed
    • You should now be able to delete 1Password from the Mac App Store

If that doesn't work, this should:

• Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the AgileBits store
    • Download/update 1Password from the Mac App Store to 6.0.2
    • Run 1Password from the Mac App Store once
    • Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the Mac App Store
    • Run 1Password from the AgileBits store

If that's still giving you grief, then let's just all agree that computers can be a pain and let's do this the old fashioned way. Email us your sales receipt for your purchase from the Mac App Store for 1Password to support@agilebits.com and we'll get you a license for the AgileBits store version.

Sorry about this.

Rick

• davidcga
    davidcga
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!! At last it worked!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Rick, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.