When I log in, a blank box comes up. I have to close out of that, then Open 1Password again.

Options
Cousinzeke
Cousinzeke
Community Member

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I log in, a blank box comes up. I have to close out of that, then Open 1Password again.

Comments

• Hi cousinzeke,

When you say log in, do you mean to your Mac? Do you have 1Password set to automatically launch at login?
    Or do you mean when you unlock 1Password?

I'm a little confused, so I'm trying to narrow down where to look.

• Cousinzeke
    Cousinzeke
    Community Member
    Options

When I enter my initial password to enter 1Password, this box comes up. I have to close out of that the click on the 1Password again, then I can use 1Password.
    I don't see the reason for that. It has only been happening for about a month.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cousinzeke,

I'm sorry to hear this is still a problem for you! Thanks for getting back to us to explain more about what happens. I don't know what would cause that, so I'd like to get a few more specific details about your setup and about the issue with the blank window:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • When the problem started, was it shortly after installing a 1Password update, or after an OS X update on your Mac?
    • Does this happen when unlocking the main 1Password app, or the 1Password extension / 1Password mini?
    • If 1Password is already unlocked when you open it, does it work correctly?
    • If the problem happens when unlocking the 1Password browser extension, what version of the extension is installed in your browser? (And what browser & version are you using?)
    • If you reboot your Mac, does the same problem happen when you open & unlock 1Password?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Cousinzeke
    Cousinzeke
    Community Member
    Options
    • Mac OS X 10.11.3
    • 1Password 6.1
    • AgileBits
    • Update before the one a few days ago from 1Password
    • When I put my password in the first time each day
    • The extension was old. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it from 3 locastions: AgileBits, Amazon, and Finder. Each time this came up: "An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”.
    • It happens the first time I log in every day
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

That is pretty strange, @Cousinzeke. I can't say I heard of that one before. But I'm sure we can get you fixed up. So that we can get a little better idea of what might be going on 'under the hood,' I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: UII-87216-298

• truekster
    truekster
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact problem. Often (but not always) when clicking the 1Password icon in the dock, the blank window appears. I close it and the dock icon indicates that the app itself has quit. I click the dock icon again and the correct window opens.

Since I see no update on this thread since March but it seems to remain open, please let me know if a solution has been found or if you require a diagnostics report from me. Thanks.

Mac OS 10.10.5
    1Passport 6.3 (but this issue has been happening through several versions)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @truekster,

I'm sorry you're also having this problem! It's definitely a strange issue, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else aside from you and the OP. I don't believe we've been able to determine the exact cause, so it would be great if you could send us a diagnostics report from your Mac. Just follow the steps from Ben's post above to create & send us a report, and we'll be happy to work with you to see if we can figure it out. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.