Registration question

Options
mbrownstone
mbrownstone
Community Member

Maybe I made a mistake. I am using iPassword on my MacBookAir, my iMac and my iPhone. On 1/15/2016 I paid via my iPhone: ORDER ID MHLHT13SB2 DOCUMENT NO. 206116984250. Do I need to register each machine? I'm being asked for registration code that I do not have.
Please advise.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.1 (601003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.2 (15C50)
Sync Type: not sure
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@mbrownstone - Licenses for 1Password are sold separately by platform. So your purchase for you iPhone will register the application on your Mac. You will need to purchase a license for your Macs too, if you want to use it there. This article covers the licensing terms: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

• mbrownstone
    mbrownstone
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I will follow up and purchase a license for my MacBookAir. Will that same license work on the iMac as well? Or will I need to purchase 2 licenses?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I should have said that licenses are sold per platform and per individual. They are not tied to particular machines. Your Mac license will work on all the Macs you use yourself. For iOS, your license will be good for all iOS devices that use the same Apple ID. That's also covered in the article I linked in my original reply.

Also, to be complete, your Mac license can be shared with up to five other family members living in the same household. The iOS license can't be shared accross different Apple IDs, though, because Apple doesn't permit family sharing for in-app purchases, which is what is needed to activate the advanced Pro features for iOS, if you want or need those.

• mbrownstone
    mbrownstone
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your clarification.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbrownstone :)

It looks like the fabulous hawkmoth has answered all of your questions, but please reach out if any others arise!

Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.