1password doesn't automatically fill username and password on my macbook but does on imac.

Options
tomburkholder
tomburkholder
Community Member

Both running 10.11.3 and 1P 6.0.1. The iMac automatically fills user and PW. MacBook Pro (Retina late 2013) does not.
Extensions do not showup in Prefs under Extensions

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password doesn't automatically fill username and password on my macbook but does on imac. Operating systems and version of 1P are identical

Comments

• tomburkholder
    tomburkholder
    Community Member
    Options

Both running 10.11.3 and 1P 6.0.1. The iMac automatically fills user and PW. MacBook Pro (Retina late 2013) does not.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomburkholder,

I'm sorry you're having a bit of trouble filling your 1Password info in websites on one of your Macs!

1password doesn't automatically fill username and password...

Just to be clear, 1Password never fills a login form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by double-clicking a Login item in the main 1Password app, selecting a Login item from the 1Password extension in your web browser, or using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut). We have more information here: Why doesn’t 1Password automatically fill forms when the page loads?

The iMac automatically fills user and PW.

If your login credentials are already filled when you open a website (and you didn't open a Login item from the main 1Password app), it sounds like your web browser saved your username/password for that site and is set to automatically fill it in for you. If you'd like to turn off your browser's autofill feature, you can follow the steps here: Disabling your web browser’s built-in password manager

If the problem is that 1Password won't fill your info in websites no matter which method you use, that definitely explains why. To install the 1Password extension, open the 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Install Browser Extensions. Follow the steps on the website that opens to install the extension. For some more detailed instructions and screenshots, please take a look at this knowledgebase article: Installing the 1Password Web Browser Extension

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions about that. Thanks! :)

• tomburkholder
    tomburkholder
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled the browser app and it worked. The 1P icon was already in the menu bar and didn't work. After I re-installed, it did.
    Thanks very much.
    Tom B

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tom ( @tomburkholder ),

I'm glad to see that reinstalling the browser extension got things behaving properly for you!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.