IDs for Groups of Similar URLs

Options
ecc
ecc
Community Member

Hi this is a feature that used to work but not working anymore. I use a lot of websites with similar names in different countries, and it used to only show me the logins for that specific country which was nice. However, now it is showing be logins for every country which is cumbersome since I have many of them.

Example
1. Website ABC.com - Login #1 and Login #2
2. Website ABC.co.uk - Login #3 and Login #4
=> Expected result (and the way it was working before) - when I go to ABC.com and bring up 1Password, I should only see choices of #1 and #2. Similarly, when going to ABC.co.uk and bring up 1Password, I should only see choices of #3 and #4
=> What is happening now (after I purchased and switched to the Mac App Store version) - when I go to ABC.com I see all #1, #2, #3 and #4 as choices. Same thing when I go to ABC.co.uk

Note - when it was working, I was using a Free Trial version from the Webstore. I decided to purchase the version from the Mac App store and now this feature does not work.

Is there any solution for resolving this since it is now pretty painful? Or do I need to simply revert back to the desktop version?
Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ecc,

Thanks for writing about your issue here in the forum.

Can you tell me what version you were using that behaved that way? I am looking and it does not appear as if that behaviour has changed in some time (something like a few years). It's strange to me that the webstore version would not have the same behaviour as the Apple Mac App Store if they were the same version.

We try to collect all the relevant Logins that we can find for a site based on the URLs in the items. Especially since often some URLs are complicated or obtuse. So we try to use smaller parts of the URL to find a match.

• ecc
    ecc
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @nathanvf - thank you for your response. I am using the latest Mac App Store version Version 6.0.1 (601004) Mac App Store.
    I deleted the Web Store version since I replaced it but I downloaded from the website around Oct/Nov 2015.

Thank you for your help again!

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you certain it was the case? If you've only been using the app for a little while, I don't think that behaviour has changed, unless it was maybe when the 1Password app was locked?

I noticed that the behaviour was a bit different if the website in the item did or did not contain a "www"

• ecc
    ecc
    Community Member
    Options

@nathanvf - yes I am. I just tried it again. I actually also downloaded the latest webstore version, and it is now behaving in a very different way also, where it shows a subset of the full list, but again it includes items not related to the exact URL.

It does appear there were updates in the logic for both Mac App store and Webstore versions but in different ways.

The URLs do contain "www" in the browser as well as in the 1Password login item.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can you send me the exact URLs for the items you are trying to fill? If you do not want to post them publicly you can send them to support+forum@agilebits.com and refer to this forum post (just post a link to this page).

Thanks very much.

This discussion has been closed.