Trying to install 1Password on a new Mac.

Options
matthimself
matthimself
Community Member

Hi there.

I've recently purchased a new MacBook Pro, and am in the process of setting it up. I previously owned a MacBook Air, and have been using 1Password for a couple of years, with no issues - I consider it a 'must-have' application.

However, when downloading and attempting to install the latest version of 1Password, I hit a problem. It installs correctly, but then shows me a blank system error box, titled '1Password'. I can see it is running in the menubar but the preferences menu is greyed out. I have no other way to interact with it, other than via force quit. As it is a new Mac, I am not running the browser extension for Safari.

I have followed the steps to uninstalls several times, each with the same result when I attempt to run 1Password - the greyed out box.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.02
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @matthimself ,

I'm sorry you are having trouble installing 1Password. I'll do my best to help you get it up and running. Do you have a Time Machine or other external drive connected. I wonder if it is finding an older version of the 1Password menubar icon and launching that instead of the new one.

If you do, disconnect the backup drive, restart the Mac, and try to launch 1Password again. Please let me know how that works out.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• matthimself
    matthimself
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_kevin ,

I was using a Time Machine backup. Removing it, and restarting seemed to work a treat - all back on track now

Thanks for the help!

Matt

• Hi Matt,

Great to hear! If you have any questions in the future, we'll be here for you.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.