Synchronization choice of Dropbox changes to none.

Options
vze269cm
vze269cm
Community Member

1Password 6.
One vault.
1Password Preference for synchronization with Dropbox reverts to "none" after logging out, into a different user, opening 1Password, checking preferences (synchronization preference is correct), quitting 1Password and then logging back into the original user.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login, kb:save-login-manually, ug:mac/browser-preferences, kb-search:share a vault, kb:share-vault

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is very interesting @vze269cm,

I will try these steps see what I can find out about this issue.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vze269m,

I have tried to reproduce this error, no such luck yet.

So are both user accounts setup with 1Password + with items + with Dropbox syncing? Or is it just the original user account that has any sort of 1Password setup?

1. I tried with account 1 that has Dropbox settings
    2. Log out of that account
    3. Log into account 2
    4. Open 1Pw, open sync preferences
    5. Log out of account 2
    6. Log into account 1
    7. Check sync settings for account 1 (Dropbox is still selected sync method)

Are there any steps that I might be missing here? Does it just lose the sync setting even if you didn't log out and open 1Password in another account?

• vze269cm
    vze269cm
    Community Member
    Options

I know this can't happen with a computer, BUT IT DID! The error has disappeared. There is obviously something happening that I am unable to detect. I thank you for your assistance. Perhaps you scared the fault away. ;-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news, thanks for letting us know that Nathan seems to have scared the problem into running away with its tail tucked between its legs! :lol:

Hopefully that weird issue is gone for good now, but if it happens again, please let us know and we'll be glad to continue investigating. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.