How to import folder synced vaults after a clean install?

Options
pentool
pentool
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

Hi,

I have two vaults. I am using folder syncing to an external USB drive. Once I do a clean install of my Mac and reinstall 1PW, it ask me if I have existing data that I want to import. Sure. I select the synced folder on the external drive and 1PW successfully imports the main vault. So far so good.

However, I have another vault that is also synced to the same folder (so two vaults are synced into the folder on the external drive). Once I imported the main vault at startup, how do I import the other vault? It seems there's a "missing" feature that would allow me to import vaults that are synced via a folder.

In the File menu I can create a new personal vault, but that's not what I want. I want to import a vault. I don't seem to be able to do that. It's kind of weird that I can create multiple vaults and I can sync them, but I can only import one when I install the app the first time after a clean install. Any tricks to this issue?

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: folder

Comments

• pentool
    pentool
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I wanted to delete my post but doesn't seem possible.

Anyhow. After a few short minutes the lightbulb started to glow on top of my head, because I realized I can simply just drag the other vault over the app icon, and that will automatically imported the other vault as well. Ta-Da!

• Hi @pentool ,

Glad to hear you got it working. We generally do not delete threads as they serve to help other users that come here looking for an answer to the same question.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.