Mixing business and private licenses?

Options

Dear AgileBits team,

I'd like to deploy 1Password for all our team members to share vaults.

Now some of them already own a private license for 1Password, others don't use it yet.

Will it be okay if I simply buy a business license with seats just for the missing members? Can I add additional seats later on? And how can we manage which member uses the seat in case one of them leaves?

Kind regards
Matthias

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Matthias ( @mpdude ),

Thanks so much for considering 1Password to keep your team's data secure!

Before we start talking about your licensing question, I'm curious, have you heard about our 1Password for Teams beta? We're working on an awesome solution that might fit your needs perfectly. 1Password for Teams is free to try during our beta period, and I'd love to hear what you thought about it. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think it's a pretty great option for securing all of the data that your team needs.

If you'd like to stick with our traditional licensing model for now, we can help you there too. 1Password is sold on a per-user, per-platform basis, so those team members who already own 1Password can install 1Password on as many computers of that platform as they use. This includes their business machines. :) So, all you need to do is purchase a multi-seat license from our business store for the remaining team members who don't have a license.

Can I add additional seats later on?

You certainly can! When you purchase a business license, you'll receive one license that can be used on the purchased number of seats. If you need additional licenses down the line, you can purchase an additional license to cover the new seats.

And how can we manage which member uses the seat in case one of them leaves?

Once 1Password is uninstalled on that member's computer, that seat may be used for a new teammate.

If you have any further questions, please drop us a line at support+licenses@agilebits.com. We'd love to continue this conversation!

• mpdude
    mpdude
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

indeed 1Password for teams is awesome and the exact reason why we're considering this move.

My understanding was that I just need to make sure everyone in my team has a valid 1Password 6 license: Either because they already bought one for private use, or I'll buy a business license for the rest.

Then we all could join the team and start sharing passwords today.

Eventually, you will end the beta phase and switch over to a pricing model where we will pay a (hopefully small) amount for every member in the team and per month.

Is that correct, or will 1Password for teams be a different product and include the license for 1Password?

What should I do if I would like to start using the team feature today?

Best regards
    Matthias

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mpdude -

Let me echo what @Megan wrote earlier - we're so glad to hear you're considering using 1Password for Teams to keep all your secrets secure.

1Password for Teams is a subscription-based model in which all of the applications, for whatever platforms your users may happen to use, are included in the subscription. If every uses OS X or Windows, that's fantastic. If different users use different platforms, that's equally fantastic. And if they are using some mix of Android and iOS mobile devices - that's awesome. And all of the applications on all of those platforms for all of your users are included in the subscription price.

So, if you want to start trying out 1Password for Teams for your team, head on over to https://start.1password.com/ and get yourself signed up for a team. Once you've signed yourself up, and you've saved your Emergency Kit so you don't have to worry about getting locked out of your brand new team, start inviting the people into your team to your new 1Password for Teams team. They will see links that help guide them to applications and Quests for helping them learn how to use the product.

This discussion has been closed.